seven

gilinsky

I didn't cancel J's appointments, I rescheduled them. That didn't ease the pain of the constant worrying. It's sad that I can't help him because I don't know what's wrong with him.

I want to help him. Helping J was like trying to help an injured deer-which is probably not the best comparison.

I laid my head against the cool counter top and let it drop with a thud against it.

"Jack?"

"Hmmm?" I muttered against the table top.

"I'm scared." He whispered, his smaller hands were pressed against my larger one.

"Of what?"

"Losing."

I didn't know what he meant but I was just as scared of losing as he was.

+ +

I woke up as I felt a small hand pressed to my forehead.

"G?" He questioned. His hand was freezing cold. "Are you awake?"

"Now I am." I said as I turned over to my stomach and buried my face into the pillow.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you up. I really am sorry..."

"It's fine, J."

"I had a nightmare and I'm just scared so I came in here."

I pulled the covers back, and tapped the now open space with my free hand. "Crawl in. You're welcome here."

Johnson's eyes were lit up in the moonlight that seeped through my open curtains, the galaxies hidden within them took my breath away.

He crawled into the small space I created for him, and then I realized how small he was.

"Thank you." He whispered into the moon-filled darkness.

He curled up into my body, his hoodie strings tickling my bare chest. His legs slipped into mine, tangling them together causing me to smile. His hands were bunched up on my chest and he was just so small.

"I'm always here."

The three words slipped from my mouth before I even had a chance to think about them.

I felt Johnson tense at the words before he slowly nodded against my chest and cuddling deeper into his sweatshirt.

"It's going to be okay." I whispered softly, to mostly myself.

+ +

authors note:
short and sweet update

i have something cool planned for the next chapter and am really excited to write it.