𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐢𝐢

"Rafe-" He shushes you once again, locking your eyes with his.

Rafe just wanted to spend his last minutes with you in peace and quiet.

"Quiet for Daddy," he whispers in your ear. He chuckles as he sees you clench your thighs at his nickname.

"Remember, this is mine." He pecks your lips and places his hand in between your legs, causing you to moan.

"And so is this; no one, especially JJ, gets to touch this. You hear me."

You just nodded.

He spots a familiar red and blue light and joins his lips with yours, engulfing himself in you.

He deepens the kiss as his hands are on your cheeks, making more bloody handprints on you.

You both hear the sound of thumping and people running up your stairs. Seeing their flashlights light up your house

Releasing a sigh of relief, looking towards Rafe, who does the same.

Rafe lets go of you, licking his lips before giving you one last peck.

"Happy Birthday, Baby," he says before turning to look out your hallway.

Four months later:

You open your eyes and see your therapist in front of you.

"And then what happens?"

"The same as always, I just wake up like I always do," you say, teary-eyed, trying to wipe the snot that drips down.

"Well, like I told you before, your nightmare is you reliving the real experience. It is to be expected," the therapist responds.

"I know, I just... they went away for such a long time," you say as she hands you more tissues.

"Yeah, it's going to take more than a few months, but you're doing amazingly well."

She leans back into her seat, giving her usual stern look, and you nod, hoping she's right.

You've been visiting your therapist since the accident, and to be honest, it's been a slow process.

"He was caught and put away thousands of miles away. Just think of him as a phantom to you now. The only place that he can hurt you is in your dreams." She says she's putting down her notebook to give you a reassuring smile.

"The memories of that night will come and go and fade with time, but you will never forget it." You nod, knowing she's right.

She smiles, holding her arms out for you to take them. "Just like you'll never forget tomorrow night. But hopefully, that will be a memory that you'll always want to remember."

You cringe remembering that tomorrow is your prom. It's come around so quick.

You still haven't told her about your so-called promise to Rafe—how he wanted you to take a picture in your dress.

Recoil to yourself as you remember the blood stains on your dress

You burned it the next week when all the media attention finally went away.

Your aunt took you for a new one the next day.

"So what colour is your dress?" Your therapist asks you to bite your lip.

"It's blue," she nods, holding your hand, "and I'm sure it's beautiful."

and you nod, "It is", flinching a little, remembering Rafe holding up your old dress and saying the same thing, but that's a mere coincidence, you think.