9| BUSY DAYS

Next Morning:

As I opened my eyes, a smile spread across my face as I remembered last night.

I got up from the bed, I headed to the bathroom to finish my morning routine. Once done, I made a quick cup of coffee and grabbed some bread with jam as it was already 7:30 AM.

At the hospital:

"Ma'am, Mrs. Lee has come for her checkup, and she's waiting for you in the sonography room." A nurse informed me.

"Okay" I replied begore heading to the room.

"Hello, Chole and Mr. lee! How are you both?" I asked as entering the room.

"Fine Ade!" Chole said. She is not just my patient, but also a college friend. She moved to New York after getting married.

"Good, how about our little boy?" I asked.

"He is fine too." She answered.

"Alright, let's begin" I said, starting the examination.

"Your baby boy is completely fine, Chole." I reassured her.

"Thanks, Ade." She said. After chatting with them a bit more, they take their leave and I returned to my cabin to tackle some paperwork. A phone call interrupted my work.

"Hello Jack!"

"Eline, how are you?"

"I'm fine. What about you?" I asked.

"I am fine, but I have to go on a business trip soon. If you're free, can you come visit me here? We haven't seen each other in a long time. I've missed you so much my princess."

"Sure, I would love to come. I have missed you too."

"Then, when will you come?"

"I will leave tonight and stay there for 2 days."

"Okay, good. Come fast, I'm waiting." He said and we talk for a while then ended the call.

I finished my work for the day and went to Sir's office. As I have to get permission for leave.

Thank god!

I murmured to myself when he gives me permission to go. After that I went home and started my packing. I will take my dinner on the flight.

So, I have time to pack properly and reach the airport on time. I had already booked the ticket to Charlotte.

As I heard my taxi's horn, I left the house, locked the door and headed to the airport. After sorting out my documents, I boarded the plane.

---------

David Pov:

Today was a very hectic day and every minute, I missed my doll. Right now, I'm in my last meeting of the day.

As meeting over, I went straight to my office and sat on the sofa. I took my phone out of my pocket so I could call my doll.

But I got tensed looking at my phone screen because the man I asked to watch over my doll has called me 15 times. My phone was on silent, so I didn't know. I quickly called him back.

"Sir! Ma'am left for charlotte by flight. I tried calling you several times, but you didn't pick up my call. I was supposed to take a flight after her, but all the ticket were already booked, so I couldn't go." He said and anger starting to build in my body. I clenched my jaw tightly to control myself.

"What time she leaved?" I asked.

"9:15 Sir." He said and I cut the call. I looked at the clock and it's already 10PM.