Captain Smollett's Discovery

***
Dr. Livesey was now faced off against Arrow, in  the fierce fort fight. The chaos had claimed the lives of some pirates while others had fled in fear. Arrow was no ordinary opponent, possessing commendable combat skills, but Livesey's experience far surpassed the young pirate.

"I say, Arrow, that was scarcely gallant! Surrender yourself, my dear lad, for I bear you no ill will," Livesey implored, trying to reason with the boy.

Despite his trepidation, Arrow couldn't help but smile at Livesey, raising his sword in defiance.

[Ever since the beginning of the ill-fated voyage, Arrow did not hide his dislike towards Livesey, Smollett and Jim. Captain Smollett, too, harbored an intense dislike towards Arrow, labeling him as “obnoxious”. Livesey, however, had a strange affinity for the reckless pirate, much to Arrow's bewilderment. Yet, understanding the motives behind this sentiment seemed insignificant now-all that mattered was that Livesey was on the opposing side, and in battle, distinctions held little weight.]

"Why fight, Arrow? Can't you see what a foolish errand this is, fighting the mighty Doctor Livesey?! You ought to be ashamed, my dear! Ah, but alas, I suppose we have no choice, do we? En garde!" Livesey declared, brandishing his own weapon.

Their swords clashed and rang out in the air, their fierce duel elongating the seconds. While fighting, Arrow drew upon the knowledge Silver had imparted to him about combating. Nevertheless, Livesey's mastery of the craft proved an arduous obstacle for Arrow to surmount. The young pirate couldn't deny that the doctor's skill far surpassed his own. Despite his valiant attempts to retaliate, Arrow found himself swiftly bested as Livesey deftly seized his vest with his sword. Livesey took hold of Arrow, taking him inside the fort where Captain Smollett, Squire Trelawney, and the young Jim awaited.

"Hahahahaha! You fought well, Arrow, given the circumstances. There is no doubt you possess admirable qualities as a fighter. It's a shame we find ourselves on opposing sides, my friend. Were it not so, you would undoubtedly be a valuable asset to our crew," Livesey commended, a glimmer of respect in his eyes.

Arrow's gaze towards Livesey expressed unfettered hatred as Captain Smollett bound his hands tightly with a rope, restraining him.

"My goodness, Arrow, such disdain? I thought that we would have a chance to befriend each other," Livesey lamented, while Arrow continued to stare at him with venomous eyes as the rope tightened around his wrists.

"Arrow, you scoundrel," Captain Smollett said, in a threatening manner "Reveal the plans of the pirates immediately or I will use a scalpel to extract your heart, you villainous rascal."

Arrow glared at Smollett, clearly frustrated with the situation. He attempted to free himself from the ropes binding him, but his efforts were in vain. "Torture me all you want, I won't say a thing!"

Drawing a scalpel from his pocket, Smollett pressed it against Arrow's eyebrow. "Are you prepared to lose an eye, or will you confess now, you wretched cur?"

At that moment, Smollett noticed a key hanging from Arrow's headscarf, piquing his curiosity.Smollett then cut the thread and took the key, examinationing it with interest.

"Hm, how intriguing. I wonder what this key unlocks."
"Hey, give it back!" Arrow shouted.

Smollett chuckled.
"I think I'll hang on to it."
"So, what does it unlock?"
"Heh, as if I would tell you! It's a secret, you see, something I'm not meant to reveal." Arrow was eager to see just how much he could annoy Smollett.

Smollett placed the scalpel against Arrow's throat. "Tell me its purpose, and you will be spared." His tone turned serious.

Arrow chuckled and took a moment to answer. "You want the truth, huh? Very well, then." He smiled menacingly.
"It's a key that Silver found during one of his many journeys. However, that's all he ever told me. I have no knowledge of what it opens, and I doubt Silver does either."