◇ Hassel + Disabled student! reader ◇

For years you have been bound to a wheelchair which was a major worry with the steps all the way up to your new school, UVA; it didnt't have ramps or elevators until you got into the building which caused major struggles for you.

At first, Nemona or Arven would help you up the steps but it was obvious that they struggled; the Rotom wheelchair was heavy on its own and with both you in it and the large amount of steps were too much for them despite their best attempts.

Sure, it was always possible to get a flying taxi or someone else to help you up the steps but you would feel terrible, the horrible voice in the back of your mind making you feel like a burden already when it was something you couldn't controll. It was only when you rolled your wheelchair into the middle of Mezagoza on a sunny morning that you noticed your art teacher standing there with a bright smile, a familiar Gible standing next to him for a moment before waddling over excitedly to greet you.

"Good morning, Y/N! Ready for the day?"

You were genuinely surprised that your art teacher had come to meet you but gave a nod and a smile while carefully leaning over to pet the excited Gible that was waiting patiently at your feet.

"Mmhm! Why are you all the way out here, Mr. Hassel?"

You were curious, watching him move to stand behind the wheelchair while helping Gible into your lap.

"Nemona mentioned to me that she was worried about you getting to school safely. So I decided that I would help you get up and down until there is a safer way for you to get to school."

You felt like you could cry from joy, looking over at him with a look of surprise and greatfullness.

"Really? Mr.Hassel you don't have to-"

He shook his head and gave a warm smile, patting your head as he started to push your wheelchair towards the steps to help you get up them; Gible still cuddled into your lap so you could occupy your hands with the happy Pokémon.

"I insist, Its our jobs as teachers to help our students however we can. Plus it means that we can see you more in class."

From that day, Hassel would meet you every morning and evening to help you up and down the stairs; even spending a few of his free days to help you get to gyms , locations to train your Pokémon or would help you find new additions to your team. After a while he had helped you come to face Brassius the grass type gym leader as the maze you would of had to go through to find Sunfloura was very hard to navigate in your wheelchair with all the tight bends and thick hedge walls.

You watched in awe as Brassius lept elegantly down from the windmill, landing and turning to you as you excitedly clapped your hands.

The battle was hard but your beloved Ace pokemon; A Floregato named Chia worked hard to secure the win, Brassius thanking you for the inspirational battle while giving a rare handshake.

As you turned to look at your teacher, you realised he was sobbing; moving to hug you while  giving a huge smile through his tears.

"I-IM SO BROUD OF YOU! YOU DID SO WUNBERFULLY HUH HUH HOI HOI-"

His eccentric crying made you chuckle as you hugged him back, Hassel couldn't contain his pride for you...just like he couldn't when you battled Katy...(or anyone for that matter)

Over time, you and Hassel got to know each other better; exchanging stories and memories of your pokemon and past battles.

At one point, he even gave you a pokeball; inside was the most adorable and sweet Axew who absolutely adored running around behind your wheel chair and even used it tusks to get rid of any over-grown shrubbery that would block the path and even helped you get to some team star bases safely.

The journey was long and hard but eventually with your fully evolved team and a legendary you got to the elite four, battling hard as your team easily took down Rika, poppy and larry's teams.

Meaning you had to finally face off your biggest supporter; Hassel.

"You've come so far...I'm so proud of you, Y/N. Whenever you are ready we can start this battle, okay?"

You nodded, feeling proud as you healed up your team and gave your beloved Haxorous named Axie a berry to help heal up its slight damage before rolling towards Hassel to start your legendary battle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if its OOC and short 💔 i dont know much about wheelchairs and such but i did try ♡