18

Chapter 18 The Old Monk

He had a fever without warning. When he went to the hospital, the doctor couldn't explain why. He just gave him an antipyretic injection, and then let Zhang's mother rub alcohol to cool down.
T

hree days later, just when the doctor thought that Zhang Xiaobao might not be able to survive, unexpectedly he retreated slowly. At night, Zhang Xiaobao, who had been burned for three days, finally opened his eyes, his throat was dry and burning. The red-eyed parents, with sore eyes, couldn't help but shed tears.
"It can be regarded as awake." Zhang's mother's voice was a little hoarse, seeing Zhang Xiaobao opened his mouth, she quickly poured a glass of water for him.
After drinking two glasses of water in a row, the burning sensation in my throat was better, "Mom, I'm fine." In fact, my head was still a little dizzy, and my whole body was so sore as if I had been run over by a car.
"It's fine, it's fine." Zhang's mother touched Zhang Xiaobao's forehead, and it was indeed not too hot, "Are you hungry? Mom is going to get you a bowl of porridge." After finishing speaking, she left in a hurry.
Zhang Dashan didn't say a word after waking up from Xiaobao, but his face was obviously happy, "Do you want to drink water, I'll pour it for you."
"No need, Dad, go to rest quickly, don't let me get well, you are sick again." Looking at his father's haggard face, Zhang Xiaobao felt sour in his heart.
"Nonsense, I'm as strong as a cow, so there's nothing wrong with me." Having said that, Zhang Dashan was indeed tired. He hadn't closed his eyes for three days, and was frightened all day. Not only was he tired, but his heart was even more tired. Once people relax, they will be more tired.
After urging for a long time, Zhang Dashan and Zhang's mother held each other's hands and left with peace of mind until Mama Zhang came back with Erya and watched Zhang Xiaobao drink a bowl of porridge, leaving Erya here to take care of Xiaobao.
Zhang Xiaobao was also a little tired. After his parents left and said a few words to his second sister, he fell asleep again in a daze. When he woke up again, it was already the morning of the next day. with him.
I remember that he also had a high fever in his previous life, and he was fine after waking up three days later. It was because of this that his parents doted on him more and more.
He has changed a lot in this life, and he never expected to suffer from this serious illness.
Like the previous life, when the fever subsided, he was fine. He woke up after a nap, and he was able to get up immediately. After the doctor's examination, he also said that he was completely fine. He could just go home and rest more. With the conclusion of professionals, Finally, my parents were completely relieved.
Zhang Xiaobao’s illness looks really dangerous this time. Grandpa Zhang and Grandma Zhang are getting old, and Zhang Dashan and the others dare not tell them at their hometown. They didn’t dare to tell them until Xiaobao recovered now. If Zhang Dashan hadn’t repeatedly said that the ticket had already been bought Okay, I'll take Xiaobao back to the countryside right away. I guess the two elders have already asked people from the same village to drive them to the county town with a tractor.
Just after returning home, Zhang Xiaobao was hugged by Grandma Zhang and touched him here and there, making sure he was fine, and then cried: "My grandson is so seriously ill and you didn't tell us, you want my life ah!"
"Grandma, I'm really fine. It's just a cold and a little fever. It's not serious at all." Xiao Bao comforted grandma softly while wiping her tears.
Helping grandma back home, on the way Xiaobao kept telling jokes to make her old man happy, and from time to time he talked about his going to school, and finally coquettishly said that he wanted to eat the food she cooked, and finally coaxed the old man and took his second daughter-in-law to I went to cook.
Zhang Xiaobao fell ill after the high school entrance examination. He stayed at home for one day and was hospitalized for four days. Today is the sixth day, and he will get his report card tomorrow. They were all terrified. If they got no grades, if their lives were lost, it would be useless even if they won the number one prize.
What's more, the Zhang family only has one seedling, if something really happens, the Zhang family will be left behind.
As soon as I think about it, Grandpa Zhang and Grandma Zhang are scared again, especially Grandma Zhang, who will not let go of Zhang Xiaobao's hand, which means that in the morning, he must take him to the temple to worship Buddha and pray for safety. agreed.
In his previous life, he seemed to have been there after he got sick, but at that time Zhang Xiaobao loved to play and didn't believe in any gods and Buddhas. He just went to deal with it because he couldn't stand grandma's nagging.
In this life, Zhang Xiaobao doesn't think so, people can come back from the dead, so he also believes in those weird things.
According to the elders in the village, this temple is the most efficacious in their village. During the Republic of China, many people from the city traveled over mountains and mountains to worship Buddha. However, due to various reasons, the temple failed, but the local The villagers still believe in this temple, so it has not been abandoned.
Today is not a festival, and there are not many people who come to worship Buddha. Grandma Zhang carried a basket of incense candles and yellow paper, and led Xiaobao into the main hall. kneel down.
Zhang Xiaobao bowed three times devoutly, then got up, and followed Grandma Zhang out of the temple.
Before going out, he saw a very strange combination, an old monk with a long and white beard, and a young monk who was only three or four years old.
Seeing them, the old monk just nodded and smiled, but the little novice recited the Buddha's name decently, very cute.
Feeling in the pocket, there are still a few candies in it, which he bought to amuse the little cousin, and took them out to the little monk, "This is sweet candy, very delicious."
When the little novice saw something new, he was obviously very curious. He raised his bald head and looked at the old monk. His big eyes were blinking, making him even more cute. As women would say in the future, it was 'cute'.
"Amitabha, since this little benefactor gave it to you, take it," the old monk said with a smile.
Turning to look at Zhang Xiaobao carefully, and then said: "Although the fate of this little benefactor is peculiar, he has passed through a catastrophe, was reborn from Nirvana, and then has a fortune of great wealth. It's just that this wealth is stolen. How much should it be?" Only by doing good deeds can it be offset, Amitabha!" After speaking, he took the little novice who was eating sweets and left.
Zhang Xiaobao broke out in a cold sweat when he heard the old monk's words, Nirvana rebirth? No, it is rebirth. Stolen wealth? He dug orchids and bought a house, didn't he just steal it, because it was someone else's chance, did the old monk know that he was reborn?
Raising his head suddenly, Zhang Xiaobao couldn't help being a little stunned, seeing that there was no figure of the old monk.
"Xiaobao, that eminent monk's calculations just now were really accurate. He said that you have survived the catastrophe, and you have a high fever for three days. I know that our little treasure is extraordinary." Grandma Zhang said excitedly.
Zhang Xiaobao raised his head and twitched the corners of his mouth, and followed Grandma Zhang, walking slowly.
Regardless of whether the monk knew that he was reborn or not, he was right in saying that the wealth in his life was stolen, and he should do some good deeds to pay it back. It is never too late to do good deeds.
After returning home, Grandma Zhang couldn’t wait to tell the story of their encounter with the old monk, and told the family what the old monk said in her own way, “The eminent monk can say that Xiaobao’s disaster has passed, and he will be a rich man from now on.” Dagui's life."
Everyone in the family was happy and began to praise Xiaobao, especially the eldest aunt, who believed in Buddhism the most in the family. When Grandma Zhang met an eminent monk, she kept boasting that Xiaobao was blessed.
At this moment, the old village chief came over with several village cadres, and congratulated loudly, "Congratulations, brother Zhang, your little treasure is doing well this time, and won the first place in the county exam."
Only the eminent monk gave orders to say that Xiaobao was very rich, and the good news came in a blink of an eye, and the family members believed in the old monk's words even more. For a while, the family was very lively.
The family got together that night, and the next day was the highlight, moving to a new house, plus Xiaobao got the first place in the county test, which belonged to Double Happiness, and Zhang Dashan set up seven or eight tables of wine, which was more lively than a wedding .
At the same time, Chen Xiangjie was lying in the middle of a small bush in an unknown area, not daring to move, watching the two people in front of him walking back and forth continuously, squinting his eyes, estimating the distance, and then moving quickly and accurately. After firing the gun, he rolled over and came behind the tree.
A yellow smoke rose from the chest of one of them, and the other immediately shot at his position. Unfortunately, Chen Xiangjie had already hidden behind a tree, and another shot appeared from the other side of the tree, killing him too.
"Damn! Are you dead?" One of them sat down on the ground and said angrily.
Chen Xiangjie walked out of the big tree, expressionless, "Dead people can still talk?"
"Damn it! Jiezi, you are too ruthless. I'm your cousin, treat me like this." The angry man stood up and came to Chen Xiangjie's side.
"Dead people can't move." Chen Xiangjie said after collecting the things around them.
"I must have been bitten by a pig before I agreed to let you join my team." Xu Ke, Chen Xiangjie's cousin, rubbed his head in depression.
Chen Xiangjie gave him a sideways look, and took away the dry food that he planned to leave for them.
"Fuck! Fuck! If you dare to take it away, Chen Xiangjie, I'll call your little junior brother and complain that you didn't go abroad at all." Xu Ke stared wide-eyed.
"How do you know?" Chen Xiangjie clapped his hands, and finally threw the dry food back.
"I knew it, get out of here, I'll get angry when I see you." Xu Ke said with a guilty conscience.
Chen Xiangjie stared at Xu Ke, then turned and left.