Sorry

Stan X Butters
                ❤️Fluff❤️
                  Age: 18

Just a tiny little morsel of content before I have to go to my mom's for the weekend.
--------------------------------------------

Stan

"I'm sorry Stan, but I don't feel the same way."
Those were the words echoing through Stan's head as he sat at Stark's Pond at three in the morning.
He took another swig of whiskey and fell backwards against the grass.
He had finally gotten the courage to tell his best friend how he really felt, and that's what he said.
I'm sorry Stan, but I don't feel the same way.
After that Stan had tried to apologize and asked if they could just forget about it, but Kyle had told him to leave.
I'm sorry Stan, but I need a few days. Just go home.

Stan laughed bitterly as he felt tears slip from the corner of his eyes. Here he was, like some fucking movie clichè, crying about a guy who didn't like him back.
He sighed and sat back up, his head starting to feel slightly fuzzy.
"Stan?"
He looked over to see someone walking towards him.
A familiar blonde boy stared down at him. Stan grinned at him crookedly. "Heyyy Leo."
"Are you okay? You don't look so good."
Stan giggled, the whiskey starting to affect him.
"I'm fiiine. What about you? Whyyy are you out here?"

Butters sat next to him on the ground. "I got locked out for not being home on time."
Stan patted his shoulder. "I'm sorry dude, that sucks. You're 18, you should be able to stay out late."
Butters shrugged. "It's okay. I'm used to it by now."
Stan frowned to himself. Butters parents were total assholes.
The poor guy deserved better.
"You can stay at my place tonight." Stan had moved into his own place a few months ago, so he didn't have to worry about parents.

Butters nodded. "Thanks Stan, that's awfully nice of you."
"Sure man, no big deal."
Stan tried to stand up and failed miserably. Butters giggled and held out his hand. Stan grabbed it and hauled himself to his feet, surprised at how strong the smaller blonde was.

Stan took about two steps before his stomach rolled and he bent over and threw up all over the grass.
He felt a warm hand rub circles against his back as he stood with his hands braced against his thighs. He turned his head to peer up at Butters and smiled weakly. "I'm okay."
Butters frowned at him, then nodded.

They started walking again and between throwing up and the cold Colorado air, Stan was starting to sober up a little.
He noticed Butters shivering and realized he didn't have a jacket.
He shrugged out of his hoodie and held it out to the blonde.

Butters looks at it in surprise, then over at him. "Won't you get cold?"
He shook his head. "Nah, I'll be okay. Put it on."
Butters slipped Stan's hoodie over his head and smiled at him. "It's warm."
Stan nodded as he looked at the slim blonde wearing his sweatshirt, feeling an odd warmth in his chest.
He ignored it and they continued walking to his apartment.
He heard Butters giggle and looked over at him again.
He had the sleeves of Stan's sweater pressed against his face. "You smell good."
Stan felt his face heat up and he chuckled. "Thanks I guess."

When they reached Stan's apartment, he unlocked the door and let them both in.
Butters stood in the middle of the living room, looking around. "Wow Stan, this is pretty sweet."
Stan nodded. "Yeah, having my own place is nice."
Butters sat on the edge of the couch and Stan went to the kitchen and grabbed them both a soda.
He walked back to the living room and sat next to Butters on the couch.
Butters took the offered soda and took a sip, before setting it on the coffee table. "Thanks for letting me stay over Stan."
Stan smiled. "Of course dude."