A small gift (All 3 parts)

Pairing: Wednesday x reader
Warnings: Angst, mention of character death, sad Wednesday.

⪻⪻⪻☬⪼⪼⪼

You and Wednesday broke it off a few days ago, after a pretty heated argument. Recently you've been acting weird, smiling at your phone, talking to Tyler a longer then usual while getting your coffee, sometimes looking over to Wednesday as if she would leave if you looked away for too long. Or simply the fact you've been spending a lot of time in your room, Enid often excusing you for not hanging out with the others.

She loved you. But she felt like you we're keeping something from her, maybe you weren't so honest with her after all. And just the thought alone could make her blood boil. But she didn't expect for her emotions to get the best of her, you were trying to talk it out calmly, but Wednesday let pure rage blind her and have her take out the frustrations at you. She could've sworn a part of her broke when you lied to her face about what's been going on.

And now. She felt guilt as she was blankly staring at the little scorpion on her desk. A handwritten birthday card with it. Only now realizing why you were being so unusual. You didn't want to ruin the surprise for her. And she instead of keeping her cool and trying to find out what's been going on, she lost it. The fact the last time you was each other being when she slapped you and told you to get out, that it's over if you can't even be honest with her. She broke what you two had, and she couldn't fix it.

⪻⪻⪻☬⪼⪼⪼

Wednesday's mind was running million miles a second. She couldn't understand how she went from being yours to standing at your grave in just a few days. No one else was around.

Not that anyone would stay behind. Only she was frozen, staring at your name carved elegantly into the tombstone. She wanted to go back to her dorm, lay down and let guilt and sorrow eat her from the inside out.

But she couldn't. She couldn't say goodbye. She couldn't accept you were gone forever and that she couldn't protect you. Maybe if she didn't you would come back to life, wake up and tell her you miss her just as much as she misses you. But you weren't going to wake up, were you?

You didn't need to. She did first. Finally waking up from this horrible nightmare that left her hands trembling and her world spinning. She hated how her own dreams were turning against her from her longing for you. She would do anything to have you back. You were capable of growing beautiful flowers in the darkest parts of her little frozen heart. But would your kindness be enough for you to forgive her? That she could only find out by trying.

After miserably failing to get more sleep, Wednesday sat at her desk trying to figure out how to apologize. Asking Enid was not an option for at least the next 2 hours. And she couldn't possibly ask you. Not until you woke up. And there's a possibility you wouldn't wake up till noon if you ended up having a series marathon again. Whatever that was. Her eyes wondered to Culpa. The small scorpion was quietly walking around, sometimes almost running into glass. Then to her bookshelf where a dark purple book stood out from the others. Since Wednesday didn't enjoy technology you made a little book with all the photos you two have together in it. Adding new ones once in a while, accompanied by little skull and bat stickers.

Everywhere around her room, bits of you were scattered. Be it a small drawing of you and Wednesday on the wall, a few nail polishes you bought for Thing neatly sitting at her desk, or a few of your shirts sitting in her closet, waiting for you to return to sleep at her dorm once again.

Well, not really sleep. You almost never slept which left your health in a questionable state. You survived on coffee on the mere urge to make yourself everyone's problem.

Maybe you weren't asleep now either.

But she didn't want to talk to you right now. No, she wanted to, just not when she was vulnerable like this.

"I should see if they're even awake before I decide to go." She thought, carefully making her way to the balcony too look for your window. There was still light, not much, but the almost non existent blue light was enough to convince her you were awake.

She should go. Let you know how much misery your absence brings her, how much she longs for you and how much she regrets hurting you. So she did. She grabbed her boots and made it to your dorm. Knocking lightly, she didn't once move her eyes from the door. The wait seemed endless until she finally heard footsteps.

⪻⪻⪻☬⪼⪼⪼

„Wednesday?”You opened your door to see a very tired Wednesday leaning on the doorframe. Her eyes glossy from the tears that she probably didn't even realize she had. You hated to see her like this, but you froze, your eyes frantically scanning her face.

,,Can I come in?" she asked, her eyes finally leaving the floor to meet your own. Without a word, you stepped back to let Wednesday in. She quickly made a mental note about the snacks laid out with your laptop in the middle.

,,What's wrong?"

Were you seriously asking? She couldn't do anything right without you. So many writing hours went by without a new word on the paper, together with so many sleepless nights without you to hold. It all just felt like eternity even though it wasn't more then 3 weeks.

,,That you didn't come back, that's wrong." Her voice was barely above a whisper and her lips were trembling. The room got quiet. No one knew what to say. Was there anything left to be said?

,,Please. Come back." she took a step towards you, her personal space starting to overlay with yours. She carefully lifted her hand to caress your face, although barely actually touching your skin, as if scared you'd fall apart.

You leaned into the hand, enjoying the comfort it was providing. You haven't been able to stop thinking about the fight and everytime it brought tears to your eyes. Just as it's doing right now.

This moment wasn't perfect. It was quiet and both of you let the long held tears run down your spaces and you embraced each other in a bone breaking hug. But it was everything you two needed.