What could've been (all 5 parts)

Pairing: Wednesday x reader
Warnings: Angst, cringe, sad Wednesday, cussing, mention of character injury and hospitals, shitty explanations

I couldn't care what invention you made me
'Cause I, I was meant to be yours.

During your relationship, Wednesday always called you to help her with one of her investigations. You almost spend more time looking for clues then talking, but that never bothered you, you were hers after all. And she was yours. So the few moments you did get together at her dorm just felt more important. More heartwarming. Like now.

Wednesday was sitting at her desk, steadily typing out her novel while you read through the one she let you look through. Enid and Thing both went to Yoko's, claiming that they'll come in about 2 hours. And while you were content with the comfortable silence in the room. You felt as if Wednesday was hiding something. Her eyes sometimes drifted towards you, her posture seemed more stiff and her typing had more urgency then usual. The urge to ask about her troubles was great, yet you didn't want to push her by her boundaries. About a half an hour later, the typing stopped, causing you to look up at your girlfriend just to find her eyes already on you.

"What's the matter Wen's?" You asked, putting a bookmark into the book before putting it away.

"Nothing mi Amor." She called out after a few seconds of silence. She stood up, making her way to the bed before sitting down next to you. You were just quietly looking at each other, too stubborn to be the first one to look away. Slowly, you leaned in to leave a small peck on Wednesday's forehead before scooting over so she could lay with you. Once you were both comfortable, you picked up the book again, letting Wednesday rest her head while you read.

I hope you know we had everything
And you broke me and left these pieces.

Recently you've noticed a tapping of a certain hand to be more present. The heaviness of someone's eyes on you to be troubling you more. Yet you thought nothing of it, it was a school full of outcasts, sometimes having one or two look in your direction was nothing new. What was bothering you however was Wednesday's recent behavior. She wasn't calling you with her anymore, the moments you two got to share together were more quiet, the atmosphere between you two more tense. At first you tried to shake it off. Maybe it's dangerous and she doesn't want you to get hurt. No biggie, right? Right.

But after a few more days it started to get in your head. Causing you to rethink every moment you two shared to figure out if you did something wrong. Yet you came away with nothing. Nothing seemed that significant that Wednesday wouldn't trust you. You didn't forget her birthday, it was marked in your calendar and it was far away too. Your anniversary was a few days prior to her birthday meaning you couldn't have forgotten that either. Although it all clicked when one of your classmates approached you.

"I got something you might want to know." He said, falling into step with you. You didn't know him that well, but he was a nice guy, if that's an assumption you can make after a few assignments you did together. And you weren't really paying attention today, meaning any information about the class would've been helpful.

"What is it?"

"Wednesday, she thinks you're the stalker."

"What stalker? Listen if you're joking just drop it, it's not funny."

"Ask Enid, I just heard a rumor going around. Thought you knew... " and with that he left, presumably going to his next class.

Meanwhile you opted to go straight to Enid. If it was a joke, it wasn't funny.

"Hey Enid?' You called out for the werewolf once you found her.
"Yeah? What's up?" She turned your way, her usual smile on her face, although it wasn't reaching her eyes as usual.