♠ Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2 ♥

🦋

You suddenly awoke in a bed, your hand intertwined with another's. You didn't immediately check who's hand you were holding, instead slowly rising from the comfortable sheets.

You look towards your hand, and then the person.

You blink, then finally realise who it is.

"Tommy?" You groggily spoke, recognising the dirty blond hair.

He doesn't respond, instead softly snoring. He's sitting beside the bed, still dressed in his prince's uniform. He leans into your hand, holding it tighter.

You sit there for awhile, not wanting to wake him up. Biting your lip, you sneakily grab your phone from the nightstand to check the time.

5:45 AM.

You'd typically wake up around 5:30. Something tells you that your alarm was shut off, or maybe it just didn't ring.

Tommy stirs awake, sighing awake as he takes a while to reconise the situation, too. He looks at your hand, then up at you, and he jumps up. And screams.

"Why are you screaming?" You groggily ask, wincing as well. Tommy stops screaming. Finally.

"I... I don't know..." Tommy admits, clenching his fists as he looks away.

You sit up, stretching your arms and yawning. The two of you wait in awkward silence, unsure whether or not to speak.

As the seconds tick by, sudden rapid knocking scares you both. The door swings open, and a very alert Wilbur swings the door open. Behind him is Techno, who tiredly rubs his eyes.

"What happening?! Are you alright?! Why is Tommy here?!" Wilbur rushes to you, asking a shit load of questions you couldn't even comprehend.

Techno saunters inside the guest room silently, holding a long sword in his loose grip. He glances at you, then at Tommy a few times.

"Wil, please, nothing bad happened," you attempted to reassure Wilbur. But, since the latter was in a perpetually tired state, he didn't exactly believe you.

"Then why is Tommy here? Hm?" He sounded like he was scolding you. He gazed at you with widened eyes and furrowed brows, his dark eyes staring into your own with a mixed sense of anger and worry.

"He fell asleep beside me, I think..." You glance towards the blonde for some sort of confirmation. Tommy's gaze is glued to Techno.

"You think?" Wilbur crosses his arms.

"I woke up to him beside my bed," you confessed.

"Then who screamed?!" Wilbur sounds like a pissed mother. Funny, since he doesn't have one. 

"He did," You point to Tommy.

Wilbur looks at the blonde, his expression softening in confusion, then contorts to a disappointed realisation. 

"Of course he did..." Wilbur mutters, pinching the bridge of his nose.

You just now realise that he isn't wearing his usual round glasses. He's also in his pyjamas, alongside Techno. All three of them look beyond tired.

"What does that mean?!" Tommy rebuts, glaring at Wilbur. 

You tune out Wilbur and Tommy's budding argument, and you weren't the only one.

Techno sits beside you. His long light brown hair is ruffled and messy. He doesn't turn to you, but he does know you're staring at him. 

"So... What's with the sword?" You ask, turning your gaze to the worn long sword that's still in his hands.