2 weeks

‼️‼️tw:‼️‼️
conversations about weight, food, malnourishment, calories, restrictive behaviors.

with food, weight and calories being talked about in this chapter, i wanted to say that i am not trying to glorify the behavior that the girls in team tut do, ( and have admitted to doing). i suffered with @norexia from the age of 9-15, and completely understand the effects it has on girls in the sport.

to avoid triggering anyone who doesn't want to read about those topics, i put those details in bolded, italicized and underlined font,
like this.
if you see that font, and aren't in the right head space currently, please skip the text!! take care of yourself first.

we got back to russia august 27th, at 2 am. i was expected at practice that day, so once we got back to the apartment, i went to sleep.

i woke up at 6.30 am, getting less than 3 hours of sleep.
my mom and i left for the rink at 7.15am, and got to the khrustalny( sambo-70) at 7.35am. my mom and i did our normal greeting to the security guard in the front, and walked to the dressing room. my mom goes to sit in the stands with the other parents, while we get ready.
when i entered the dressing room, i saw the normal girls, evgenia, alina, sasha, polina, daria, elizaveta, etc... but there was a new girl. she has dirty blond ish- brownish hair, and blue eyes. i received congratulated from all the girls, and went to stretch, sitting next to sasha.
the dressing room was always loud, so sasha and i would normally whisper to talk.
" кто новая девушкa?"
( who's the new girl?) i asked.
" это Алена. она старше нас примерно на год."
( that's aliona ( kostornaia). she's about a year older than us.) sasha said.
" она такая красивая!"
( she's so pretty!) i said.
" я знаю!"
( i know!) sasha replies.
after about 10 minutes i stop stretching, and went to put my skates on.

while walking to the rink with sasha and aliona, i introduced myself,
" я анастасия, но все зовут меня н настей. приятно познакомиться!"
( im anastasia, but everyone calls me nastia! nice to meet you!) i said.
" я алена! очень приятно познакомиться! вы с сашей так хорошо выступили на гран-при."
( i'm aliona! it's so nice to meet you! you and sasha did so well at the grand prix.)
" спасибо!"
( thank you!) i replied.

the coaches had a table where the benches and boxes are on a hockey rink. we all put our water bottles, guards and stuffed animals on the table. while at practice, the coaches will sit at the table, and when we are running programs they will score it, and give us corrections. sometimes we will look over and they are playing with our stuffed animals like 5 year olds.

the only coach sitting at the table was sergei rozanov. (he is an extra choreographer, and very important coach. taught most of the girls how to jump their quads and triple axels.)
i said hi to rozanov while setting my stuff down, and he gave me a congratulations hug.

it was now 8.05am, and we were a few minutes late to warm up, but it's okay since eteri, dudakov and daniil, weren't here yet. i joined the girls in the warm up, and told aliona to follow what everyone else does, (it was her first day).
aliona kept up with the group very well, not missing any beats. once done with warm ups, we all stand around the coaches, and wait for the instructions. eteri congratulated both me and sasha, and then formally introduced aliona.

i started jumping first. i mostly worked on my 3A, and quads. my axels were going great, but my quads were always a challenge. after 30 minutes, i skated over and got water and blew my nose.
" что с тобой сегодня не так?"
( what's wrong with you today?) eteri asks.
" я не знаю? ничего?"
( i don't know? nothing?) i replied.
" раньше ваши прыжки были последовательными."
( your jumps used to be consistent.)
" я просто устал."
( i'm just tired) i replied.
" усталость не является оправданием."
( being tired is not an excuse.) she says angrily.
i look at her not knowing what to say,
except for the fact i was tired
she gave me a look.
(since i have skated with her for so long i can kind of understand her signals and facial expressions.
her look told me to go back to jumping.)
i skated back towards my corner, continuing to jump the 4S, 4T and 4F. the 4F was the easiest for me. i hated toe loops, and wasn't a big fan of salchow.
" флипы выглядят хорошо. не стоит продолжать работать над тем, что вам не нужно."
( the flips look good. no point in continuing to work on something you don't need too.) dudakov said.