13 | 6 4 6 2

"The Fates already f*cked me sideways

Swinging by my neck from the family tree"

⊏ --------------- ⊐

WHEN I AWOKE, the room was still dark, making me think it was only around 5 AM. I had a bad habit of waking up throughout the night, so I didn't question it at first.

Unlike when I fell asleep, I was in the middle of the bed rather than the very edge with the blankets wrapped all around me messily. Another bad habit -- whatever position I fell asleep in, I awake in a wildly different one. It made me wonder if I disturbed William, and then I wondered how much I cared if I did.

Reaching over to my phone on the side table, I looked at the screen, reading 10:47.

I almost fell out of bed stumbling on the blankets I dragged along with me. Recovering, I hurried out of the room. Were Lavinia and Sylvie still asleep? My head pulsed brutally, begging for one of Sylvie's famous 'hangover recovery' concoction that she put together after more nights of blackouts than Lavinia and I combined.

Entering the kitchen, I saw Lavinia and Sylvie at the counter. The blender was already on the countertop with the green mixture separated into 3 cups, 2 of which were already half empty.

Sliding one closer to me as I came into view, Sylvie smiled awkwardly. "I'm assuming you need this?"

I nodded glumly, hurrying to down the disgusting flavor all at once. Gagging, I shook my head. "When did you guys wake up?"

Lavinia side-eyed Sylvie. "Right when William was leaving, actually."

"Oh, God." Oh, God.

"And we talked to him," Lavinia continued, sipping on her drink secretively.

Groaning even more, I sat down on the island. "What did you say? What did he say?"

They shrugged in sync. "Not much, just good morning and to get out when we're done." Sylvie.

"And cleaners come at 11!" Lavinia.

"He seems bearable," Sylvie again.

"Definitely quiet," Lavinia.

Cutting them off, I shook my head even harder. "Please don't try to compliment the thing ruining my life."

"Yeah, he seemed like an antisocial dick," Sylvie admitted, sighing heavily. "Didn't want to be the one to say it but living with him is living in silence."

"I need a drink," I finished off the hangover soup, holding the glass out for another despite the awful taste accompanying it.

Sylvie snorted, turning for an almost empty wine bottle near the sink. "Glad I'm not the only one."