Chapter 8

Avyansh's POV 

 She came down wearing a red suit and I may lie if I say I was not affected but this women right here right now will be the death of me. She didn't knew that I kept staring at her until she came in front of me.

We were on the way to shiv temple and mom was already waiting for us to arrive. We reached in 20 minutes and I went out and opened the door for my lady like a gentleman. 
.
.

We went inside the temple and I saw Avika was no longer beside me.
She stood with maa and they were getting along well which eased me a little.

"Stop looking at her like that" Samarth's voice came from back which made me look back

Fucking owl

I gave him my deadpan look when he came behind me

 "Like What?"

"like you're hungry. I-
I mean its nothing bad but you are inside temple , shiv shiv shiv shiv" he said dramatically. 

"Har kisi ka din ata hai tera jab ayega tab dekhte hai" 

[Everyone's day comes, we will see when yours come.]

"Hahaha whatever!!" He said and went before pulling my cheek with his fingers. 

"What the-

"Mandir" he said sheepishly before leaving

Bass ek khoon maaf hota

I looked towards the woman and mom gestured me to come closer and I did..

She asked us to perform aarti together and we held the thaal which panditji handed us.

Avika didn't say a word while we were in the temple and she patiently listened to whatever mom was saying which I didn't expect at all.

"You are a beautiful woman" Mom said to her and I could see it in her eyes. She was proud of my choice.
I hid the smile appearing on my face and walked down the stairs.

I waited inside the car for them to get done so I could drop her back.
Mom went inside her car with Samarth and Avika came towards the car from back. I saw her through mirror and a smile adorned her lips but it didn't reach her eyes.

Her voice and words said something but her eyes... They reflected something else.

She came inside the car and I turned my gaze towards the road.

"You've got a beautiful family" she said with a smile but her eyes didn't reflect that. It never did maybe.

"Families are beautiful" I said diverting the topic.

"Not for everyone" she said and soon averted her gaze towards the road.

I didn't speak after that because I didn't knew what I should be answering. Abhimaan wasn't a good man but I expected him to be a good father. The way he portrayed his bond with Avika, everybody thought they are the best father and daughter duo. But maybe everyone was in illusion.

My phone pinged with a notification and it flashed a text from Samarth.

'We are at OPD Mall and Dad is waiting here for both of you"

I turned the way towards the mall and shoved the phone inside.

"That's not the way to my apartment"
She said

"Dad is expecting our presence at OPD Mall."

She nodded before getting busy on her phone screen again.
We didn't talk the whole way and the drive went by in silence until I parked my car at the Mall

She stepped inside the mall and I followed her behind. I saw Mom and dad in the dress section while Samarth was busy on his phone.

Taking it as a chance I held her hand and pulled her at the other side.

"What-

"Shhh" I kept my index finger on her lips before she could speak anything which might reach to Mom's ears

I pointed in their direction and she shut her mouth. 
I gestured her to follow me towards the bridal section because I wanted her to wear the dress chosen by me.
She followed me without questioning.

"Can I help you?" I turned to look back
And it was Samarth.
I wish I could choke him to death right now.

I rubbed my hand on face to control my frustration but it evoked more when he came forward and asked us to join in.

She didn't say anything instead went forward with Samarth.

"Do you need something else? I can-

"Thankyou Samarth but Roohi can help me" she said politely

"Who Roohi?"

"My friend"

He made a face of an OH and his eyes met mine. I was glaring at him and by this time he knew he had done enough so he left without questioning.

As soon as he left Avika turned towards me
"Avyansh I am occupied with many things and this should be least thing bothering me."

"I need to leave" she said adding further.

Although I didn't expect her to stay and company me here but.. fuck it!

"Are you leaving now? I mean, mom may ask about you" I said with a hope that she might stay for a while

"Why to pretend so much Avyansh? Please tackle it for now. I need to leave" she said and turned to leave without hearing my response.

It's not that you expected her to hold your hand and rome around for chosing a bridal outfit after signing a marriage based on deal

My inner self mocked me.