The letter

It was one of the rare times when Alice Cullen was alone, with Carlisle at work, her siblings at school and Jasper had gone hunting with Esme.

For the last hour, 36 minutes, 42 seconds and counting, Alice Cullen stared at the letter, she had opened it, the silky papers that lay on the table in front of her would cost as much as her wardrobe.

The letter was adressed to Jasper, the neat cursive writing was almost flawless. Almost.

Jasper,

It has been a few years since our last meeting and this one, should you come, will be the most significant.

Nadia has been well, she's five now and can walk on her own.
She asks of her mother, I only tell her what I can bear to, that Letha was an amazing person, bar her relationship with Peter, and that she would be so proud of Nadia and that she was my favourite and only cousin.

Since Peter's passing, the Bitch's death and Shelley's reappearance, my life has been full of turmoil. I remember when you wrote about your first meeting with Alice. That such happiness and hope is not for us, that we do not deserve what we have now, and that Alice is the light in all your darkness.

Just as you found Alice, I too have found someone, a person who puts a real smile on my lips, who understands my flaws and my past, someone who I understand as though I have known her my whole life.

R.G

The second sheet of paper was a dark navy, with gold accents and a platinum print.

Jasper Hale, his wife Alice, parents Esme, Carlisle, and siblings Rosalie, Emmet, Bella, Edward as well as niece Renesme are invited to the matrimonial joining of Roman Godfrey and Adelaide Black.

The wedding is to be held on the 16th of Novenmber, 2017 commencing at 11am. The main event ceases at 3 pm.
The wedding venue is located at Godfrey mansion, Hemlock Grove, Pennsylvania, United States of America,

Reception will be held at the Mansion.
Beverages, meals and accommodation are provided, wedding gifts are encouraged, any and all unwelcome, inappropriate and ill ( mind, body and otherwise ) guests will be escorted off the property effective immediately.

Replies are due a month prior, any who, of the invited, do not reply will be labelled as unable to attend.

The wedding and all formal events occurring post, are restricted to the Black tie event terms. The wedding colour palette consists of aquamarine and silver.

Violating these terms is considered an inappropriate act.

Any guest would is unsuited for the wedding activities will not live to see the next morning.

Your response is awaited
Roman Godfrey
CEO of Godfrey Institute.

Adelaide Black
CEO of Black Enterprise,
CEO of Black Family Limited

Below the invite, the same cursive script was scrawled onto the paper.

Jasper, I advise you attend, or you will be shipped to my address in pieces. This is no threat, only a suggestion, considering your incidents these past few years.

My recent family is anxious to meet you.

R.G

A wedding invite. For the whole family. Four months from now.

Who is Roman Godfrey? How does Jasper know him? Who is Nadia? The person he mentions as ' Bitch ' ? Shelley? Peter? Letha? What was Jasper hiding from her, from his family and how does this Roman Godfrey know of the Cullens?

Alice had never heard of Roman Godfrey. Jasper never mentioned him.

Resorting to the internet to answer, she googled both Roman Godfrey and Adelaide Black. Born in 1996, Hemlock Grove, and inherited the Godfrey family business at 18.
Adelaide was born in London, in 1997 and moving to America in 2013.

Jasper, her husband kept this from her, parts of his past, friends he has, things he experienced.

And she would hide something from him too.
The invite.