chapter 1: forgotten

Light shined down upon the trees as the sun rose, the light shining through the cracks between the trees branches and leaves and onto a certain boy wearing a torn green and white shirt, jeans with many holes in them, and was covered in cuts and scars. On his left wrist was a black, white, and green device covered in dirt and looked slightly worn out.

The device then began sparking green lightning as the boy jolted up gasping for air

"Where... Am i?" the boy asked himself. "Who am i?" he questioned. His head began to hurt as he closed his eyes remembering something.

-flash back-

The boy stood there panting, and bleeding. In front of him was a big squid like creature carrying a sword, around him was a battlefield... The ground was ruptured, a big crater had formed underneath the two from the fight, behind the boy was another boy who laid on the ground trying to activate the device on his wrist, far to his left was an old man and a red haired girl unconscious and bleeding on the ground. The squid like creature raised his sword into the air, smirking as he did.

"This is the end for you, y/n l/n." The squid said, y/n only smirked in response.

"Bring... It... On..." Y/n had said. The squid swung his sword down on y/n to which the device on his wrist began sparking, then a bright green light shined... After it stopped it was revealed that y/n was no longer there.

-flash back end-

The boy sat there confused as to what had transpired in that memory, he had no idea who anyone but himself was in that memory... Only that the device on his wrist had saved his life, but at a cost. Standing up y/n grunted from pain a bit as he still had injuries from... God knows what, once fully standing he looked around for anything that could point him in the direction of civilization. He looked but he found nothing, he decided to take a gamble and walk in a random direction.

After five long hours of walking y/n found himself on a road, luckily there was a sign that read 'las Vegas 1.2 miles away' and showed and arrow in it's direction. He then began walking to Vegas still wondering how and why he had woken up in a forest of all place, while walking he had noticed the device on his wrist somehow repairing itself... Taking an interest in it he raised it up to his chest and began examining it, needless to say it was pretty damaged... 'Whatever had hit this thing must've been pretty sharp...' Y/n thought to himself while he inspected the gadget, and for some reason not known to y/n a chill went down his spine. 'Why do I have the feeling that I'm in for a beating?' Y/n had thought to himself. After another hour of walking y/n had arrived at the city of las Vegas. admiring everything around him as he walked through the city y/n got glares from everybody in the city, he paid it no attention because for him it was his first time ever being in a city.

"Wow." Y/n muttered under his breath. He then felt something tug on his back pocket, looking back y/n saw a thief taking off with whatever y/n had left. Y/n then began to chase after the thief making his way through the crowds of people, surprising the thief with his speed y/n tackled him to the ground and took back what he had stolen from him.