Prologue

Days turned into weeks, but my pursuit remained unwavering. As I walked down the road I saw a vibrant red flower lining the streets. The same flower from the attic. How did it get here? Why are there so many? I looked around the whole street bushes and trees were covered in the plant. The flowers around it looked dehydrated and were withering away.

Many homeowners came out just to pull the plant out like a weed. I knew I had to find out more about it.

Intrigued and sensing a connection, I approached one of the homeowners who was tugging at the red flowers with frustration etched on their faces. I introduced myself as a botanist, hoping to learn more about this peculiar plant that had captured my attention.

"Good morning! I noticed this interesting red flower covering the streets, and as a botanist, I couldn't resist but investigate further. It's quite peculiar, don't you think?" I asked the lady who was tending to her flowers in a sunhat and sporty attire.

"Oh, you're a botanist? That's great! Yes, I've been quite puzzled by this flower myself. It appeared out of nowhere, and now it's spreading like wildfire. I don't know what to make of it." She replied sounding worried.

"It's intriguing. Do you mind if I take a closer look and perhaps collect a sample for further analysis?"

"Not at all, please go ahead. Anything to get rid of these flowers safely. They are taking over my garden, and the other plants don't seem to be doing well with them around."

"I understand your concern. Let's see what we can find out. Ah, here's my notebook and a pair of gloves. Safety first! Now, let me carefully collect a sample." I chuckled. I take out a small knife and gently snip a portion of the flower, placing it in a sample bag. "Thank you for your cooperation. Now, do you happen to know when these flowers first appeared, and have you noticed any specific changes in the environment since then?"

"Hmm, I first noticed them about a week ago, and they seemed to have spread rapidly ever since. As for changes, well, the other plants around them have been struggling, as if these red flowers are taking up all the nutrients and sunlight."

"That's interesting. It suggests that the flowers might be highly competitive for resources. I'll take this sample back to my lab for analysis. Meanwhile, if you notice anything else unusual or have any new observations, please let me know." I say saying anything I can to sound more like a  botanist.

"Of course, I'll keep an eye out. I hope you can figure out what's going on with these flowers. They are quite beautiful, but their rapid growth is becoming a real problem for the other plants."

"I'll do my best to find a solution. It's fascinating how they seem to have appeared so suddenly. There might be something unique about this flower that triggered its growth spurt."

"Well, thank you for looking into it. I hope you can help us find a way to control these flowers before they completely take over."

"You're welcome! I'll do my best. It was a pleasure meeting you, and I'll keep you informed about any findings. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out."

"Thank you, and good luck with your investigation! I'll be eagerly waiting for updates."

"Have a great day! And remember, if you need anything, just give your local botanic garden a call." I replied. Leaving the lady's lawn, carrying the sample bag with the peculiar red flower. I headed back to the attic, eager to uncover the mysteries behind this unexpected botanical phenomenon.

After a few hours on the internet, I was able to find something about the flower. According to local folktales, the red flower was once revered on the island as a symbol of a mystical portal that connected two worlds – our reality and a fantastical realm known as the "Mythocanta." Long ago, the island had been a bridge between these realms, but over time, the connection weakened, and the portal became dormant. The flowers, once abundant in Mythocanta, had begun to appear sporadically in our world as remnants of the forgotten link.

---------------

One fateful evening, as I studied the red flower I noticed it was very familiar. But the thought of it made my head hurt. I walked around the attic to get my mind away from the plant. I had been hyper-fixated on it for weeks. I looked around the room till I saw something. A box labeled Ayla's Land stuff with childish handwriting.

I dragged out the box from all the clutter that surrounded it. My fingers brushed off the dust and traced the delicate illustrations around the label. I stumbled upon a revelation as I opened the box. The key to going back was in a box stored away for years.

With renewed hope, the attic again became the backdrop for my journey. Moonlight filtered through a small, circular window, casting an ethereal glow upon the worn floorboards. The air crackled with anticipation as if the very essence of the island had been summoned.

I picked up a picture that ‌looked just like the flower in the attic. I picked up more pictures everywhere. Each picture I had drawn had at least 5 of those flowers sprawled out throughout the drawing.

Another picture caught my eye, not a picture but it was a piece of paper full of writing. It was not like any language or common speech. It was something new. Even at five, I was making a whole new language. It looked like a chicken scratch but it made sense it was readable to me.

Reciting the writing that was on the paper. I closed my eyes and let the power of my intention guide me. A surge of energy coursed through me, and as I opened my eyes, I beheld a shimmering portal, pulsating with otherworldly hues. It was a gateway to the island, a bridge between realms.