Chapter 1

Jack was in the middle of a panic attack when he heard a knock on the front door.

"Rachel!" He thought.

His roommate, Rachel, was supposed to be away for two weeks on a cruise. Why was she back so early?

The knob turned with a click, the lock having been turned by a key.

"Hey, Ja-Oh, my gosh! I am so sorry, Miss." Rachel covers her eyes. "Have you seen Jack?"

Jack was horrified. Both the idea of being thrown out and the fact that his life was turned upside down.

He stood there, frozen in place, the hairs on his body standing up, his bare naked form held in close observation by the subconscious gaze of the woman before him. He'd wanted to say yes, but... couldn't find the will to do so.

However, as Rachel turned her head, her eyes locked onto his. Her dark crimson orbs widen considerably in shock.

"Jack?" She whispered in surprise.

He winced in fear, fear of rejection.

"Oh, my God...what happened? Who did this to you?"

He didn't have to answer as his roommate whispered the name of his ex, Jessica. He sat back down on my bed, tears free falling down his cheeks as he watched his entire life crumble around him.

Jack didn't know what to do. He'd have to find a new job or stay at home with the kids when they were born.

"Hey, hey, hey. You're gonna be okay. We're gonna be okay."

Rachel tried to cheer him up, sitting next to him, holding him close, and rubbing his shoulder.

"What am I going to do?"

Rachel was quiet for a moment. "First...we'll get everything cleared, okay? I know some people with some magical authority. We'll get this sorted out. I promise."

"I don't even know what I did...I didn't raise my hand to her, I never insulted her, and I never cheated on her with anyone."

Rachel pulled him close. "Some people just want to hurt others."

"I know." Jack sniffed and wiped his nose. "I just never thought it'd be me."

"Shh...shh...shh. It's alright, I'm here. Just come here."

As they sat there on the bed, a young woman found herself sitting in front of a witch, handing over a roll of cash.

"Thanks for your business."

The witch smiled and nodded as the woman left. Her gaze turned to her crystal ball, showing Jack and Jessica. Her lips slowly parted to reveal a bright yellow smile of sharp teeth. "Have fun little ones...cause when I want it...I get what I'm due..."