Ch. 22: Boys Found Out

Late update? I know. Sorry. It's school again. And it was my birthday last Tuesday so.. gomenasai! Here's a birthday treat: double update.

______________________________

{Gajeel’s POV}

“Boys. I have something very important to announce.” Zeref had a very straight face as he let us sit down in the couch.

Natsu looked up from reading a book, (I don’t know if he’s really reading it because if you think about it, someone might expect it was a joke.) “What will it be?”

“I’d have to quit as your manager.” Jellal, who was eating a jelly, suddenly yelped, his plate of jelly crashing over to Gray’s face with a splat.

Zeref stifled a laugh as we did, forgetting about what he just told us earlier. It was really funny! You see, Jellal was eating a jelly, right? Well, the tangerine jelly went inside his nose. It’d be so gross to see him nose-picking. It’s so not him at all.

“Dude, just.. what the heck! How are you gonna get that out of your nose?” Gray inquired. When his face was full of jelly and sticky, he was actually pissed off. But when he saw Jellal with a horrified look on his face and a jelly with some boogers dangling over his nose, he couldn’t help but laugh. Just the mere thought of it makes me in such a good mood! Zeref was rolling over the floor already from laughing too much with tears in his eyes!

“I’m gonna have to go to the bathroom,” he said, careful over the jelly (with some boogers.. pft) in his nose. He ran over to where the comfort room was, leaving us laughing up to no good.

We were still not over the whole thing yet when all of a sudden, Zeref cleared his throat. That’s when I remembered what he last told us. He wasn’t serious, was he? Him leaving the band as our manager? Ridiculous.

“So....” I started to shift my body weight from left to right uncomfortably as he let go of a single word. Natsu and Gray composed themselves after awhile, although they were still chuckling.

“Back.” the concentration on Zeref’s announcement was lost when Jellal strolled by beside us. We burst out laughing, unable to hold our laughs any longer. Zeref laughed the hardest, and in turn we received the scariest glare I have ever seen. So much for having fun.

“Ahem. I’m not gonna have any interruptions now, understand?” we all nodded at Zeref. “As I was saying, I’m gonna quit as your manager.”

“No!”

“Psh. Not funny.”

“Really?!”

“Why!?”

We asked so much more questions that made Zeref look frustrated. “Quit asking and listen up!” he shouted, scowling. We piped down from the questions and waited for him to continue. “I’m gonna have to quit because I’m engaged. The name of my fiancé is Mavis Vermillion. Yes, you heard it right. Mavis Vermillion, the manager of the Color of Girls. In a few months, we’re getting married, so we’d have to plan our wedding and stuffs like that. I’ve been meaning to tell you about this for awhile, but I was just finding the right time. I hope you could all forgive me.”

I stood up, slamming my palms on the table. “You’re not quitting, and that’s final. If we’d have to force you not to leave, then we’ll do so.” I proclaimed, determination filling my voice.

“You cannot stop me, young man. You should just accept it – Zeref Dragneel is not your manager any longer. You just have to sign this contract, and it’ll all be over.” he gave each one of us papers. Indicated on the paper was the agreement we made that once our manager told us that he’d be leaving, we should respect his decision. All we have to do, as Zeref said, was to sign the contract.