4 - The job

Y/N POV
I really like Lagdon. It's quiet and peaceful. The government isn't too controlling or demanding and the people are happy. I decided I'm going to stay a while. However I don't have enough money, so it's time to look for a job. I found a town paper and started to read for any openings, while walking around town. People looked at me as if I were crazy and I didn't understand why. Oh right. Not all places are like this but some still are. There are some countries that still have a social norm of putting men above women. I guess this is one of them. No matter. I wasn't planning on getting a rough, physical labor sort of job anyways.

All of a sudden a hooded figure passes me and drops a paper advertisement for a local seamstress. It was one of those places in town where all the wealthier women went and poorer ones dreamed of. I went inside to see nothing but sleep deprived, starving women working on dresses.

With the ring of the bell above the door, the large lady follows, hoping to see another customer. However was disappointed to see me. She was large, not in weight but in pure size. She was close to hitting the ceiling with her head and had the rest of her body to match. Her hair was well done and her clothes were new and clean. But she had the face of a stern man that was intimidating as all hell. She also had the voice of a pompous chihuahua with a stick up it's ass. Poor dog.

"What're you doing here" she gave the tone that she was looking for a reason to roll her Rs way to much

"I was uhm.. looking for a job and wanted to know if you needed another seamstress."

"Really?" That was the reason she needed to roll her R. Hard. I thought her tongue would fall off.

She continued "why do you think I should hire you? I have a lot older women with more experience trying to get jobs and you think I'm gonna hire some teenager who talks in?" She scoffs

"You're right " I responded, which shocks her a little. "I have basic knowledge of sewing and am very young for this job. But that also, holds my advantage. All I need is a few pointers on how to sew and already be right on track. And the girls with more experience than me? Why they're older than me. They're having kids and living their adult lives but they aren't going to be here as long as I can be. I'm in the prime of my life while their's has already passed. I'm already more lively and energetic, but I will spend more years with you than they ever could."

She thought for a moment while staring daggers at me. She was trying to thing of something to argue even though she knew I was right

"I expect you here tomorrow an hour after sunrise. You're going to be tired but I don't care. You're getting $5 a day. And finally, that color dress on you is horrible, change it. Now get out of my store"

*~The next day~*
The work would be hard and arduous but it was worth it. Y/N left the safety of her home being pointlessly optimistic about her first day.
"It'll be great" it probably won't be
"I'll love it there" no she won't
"I'll make so many friends" doubt it
".. well I need rent so it's better than living on the streets."
Yeah no this was absolutely better than the streets, but soon she would reconsider that.

Walking into the shop with a grin on her face, ready to start when she realized all the other workers were staring at her with either remorse or a stupid grin

Then the chatter started

"She's not going to last a week"
"Did her rich daddy set her up with this job?"
"Poor little rich girl"
"Why is she here?"

That got to her. Being judged so quickly just by walking through the doors. But she kept walking to the second floor