Chapter Four - Yuqi

The adorable girl before Soojin gazed at her with irresistibly charming puppy eyes. Soojin felt her heart melt in response, her cheeks flushing with a blush as she spoke, "So, you must be Yuqi."

Yuqi didn't utter a word in reply, but instead, she reached out and grabbed the marker that lay before her. Before Soojin could react, Yuqi playfully brought the marker to her mouth, attempting to bite it. Concerned, Soojin swiftly intervened, grasping the marker from Yuqi's hand.

"Hey, don't bite that!" Soojin gently scolded, pulling the marker out of Yuqi's grasp. Yuqi, still wearing a puppy-like expression, looked at Soojin with innocent eyes, as if waiting for the next playful interaction.

"You know what, I'm gonna go to bed." Exhaustion weighed heavily on Soojin as she made her way up the stairs, intending to find solace in the embrace of sleep. However, her plans were swiftly disrupted as she heard the familiar pitter-patter of Yuqi following closely behind. Soojin turned around, her eyebrows furrowing in surprise as she questioned, "What? You're not sleeping with me."

With a determined stomp of her feet and a pouty face, Yuqi made her desires known, her puppy eyes pleading for acceptance. Soojin let out a resigned sigh, her defeat evident as she muttered, "Guess Soyeon was right..."

Reluctantly, Soojin made the decision to allow Yuqi to join her in the room, realizing the strength of their bond had already surpassed the boundaries of a mere acquaintance. "I'm going to sleep on my work chair, and you can sleep on my bed," Soojin declared, attempting to establish a sense of separation.

However, a glimmer of concern filled Yuqi's eyes, as if silently conveying her worry that Soojin might not be comfortable in such arrangements. Soojin, feeling a mix of reluctance and unease, responded, "I'm not sleeping beside you. It would feel strange to share a bed with an alien. Besides, we just met today. I don't really know who you are yet."

The room plunged into darkness as Soojin switched off the lights, her tiredness settling in as she prepared to succumb to sleep. However, a breathtaking sight greeted her as the room was momentarily illuminated by a purple luminescent glow emanating from the markings on Yuqi's face. The glow accentuated Yuqi's eyes, transforming them into captivating beacons in the darkness.

Soojin's eyes widened in awe as she observed the ethereal display before her. "So, you're nocturnal?" she pondered aloud, a hint of curiosity tingeing her voice.

Yuqi's eyes blinked in response, the subtle movement carrying a mysterious allure. Soojin let out a resigned sigh, her weariness momentarily forgotten as she addressed her nocturnal companion. "Well, you better not disturb me in my sleep," she playfully cautioned, her voice carrying a mixture of affection and light-heartedness. As the room settled into a tranquil ambiance, the luminescent glow gradually faded, allowing the soothing embrace of darkness to envelop them.

The sun rose, signaling the arrival of a new day. Soojin, feeling a mix of excitement and anticipation, placed an order for food to be delivered. As the delivery arrived at her doorstep, she greeted the delivery person and collected the delicious sustenance for herself and Yuqi.

However, as Soojin turned to bring the food inside, she noticed Yuqi's eyes fixated on the fish swimming gracefully in the nearby fish tank. A mischievous gleam danced in Yuqi's gaze as her tongue grazed her lips, hinting at a tempting desire to consume the fish. She puts her hand into the water, trying to grab one of the fishes in it.

Alarm bells rang in Soojin's mind as she swiftly assessed the situation. "YA WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" she exclaimed, her voice laced with concern. Reacting swiftly, she reached out and pulled Yuqi away from the fish tank, gently but firmly interrupting her pursuit.

Yuqi squirmed in Soojin's hold, her playful nature evident as she attempted to free herself from the grip that interrupted her fishy fascination.

Soojin's voice carried a mix of concern and admonishment as she scolded Yuqi for attempting to grab the fish and consume it. "Yuqi, you can't do that! It's unsanitary," she emphasized, hoping to convey the importance of proper behavior.

However, their interaction took an unexpected turn as Yuqi's stomach emitted a growling sound, a clear indication of hunger. Soojin let out a resigned sigh, realizing that satisfying Yuqi's appetite was a pressing matter. Retrieving the plastic bag containing their food, Soojin offered a lollipop to Yuqi, her voice softening as she asked, "Do you want some?"

As Yuqi sat up on the countertop, she eagerly accepted the lollipop, her impulsive nature prompting her to immediately place it in her mouth, wrapper and all. Witnessing this, Soojin quickly intervened, taking the lollipop from Yuqi's grasp. "Yuqi, you can't eat it with the wrapper on! You have to peel it," Soojin instructed, her voice tinged with mild exasperation. She handed Yuqi the wrapped burger, intending to open the lollipop for her.

However, as Yuqi received the wrapped burger, she once again bit into it, disregarding the wrapper.

"YA YUQI-AH!" Soojin's frustration reached its peak as she raised her voice.

Soojin's frustration momentarily eclipsed the air as she swiftly snatched the bread away from Yuqi, her frown reflecting her exasperation. Yuqi, in turn, pouted cutely, emitting an adorable groan that revealed her undeniable craving for nourishment. Soojin couldn't help but let out a sigh, recognizing Yuqi's impatience.

Taking a deliberate breath, Soojin slowly unwrapped the burger, her movements measured and composed. She observed Yuqi with a mixture of amusement and tenderness, appreciating the childlike anticipation that radiated from the alien.

Finally, Soojin handed the burger to Yuqi, the enticing aroma enveloping the air between them. Yuqi's eyes sparkled with delight as she took a bite, her legs playfully kicking against the countertop in a display of pure joy.

Soojin watched Yuqi relish the flavors, her gaze filled with a mix of amusement and affection. In that moment, their differences faded into the background, and the shared experience of enjoying a simple meal became a heartwarming bond that connected them.

Soojin's eyes widened with a mixture of amusement and concern as she noticed the sauce staining Yuqi's face. "Ah, you got some sauce," Soojin remarked, quickly springing into action. She reached for a paper towel and gently wiped away the sauce from Yuqi's mouth, her touch gentle and attentive.

Yuqi's gaze resembled that of an affectionate puppy, expressing gratitude and trust as Soojin attended to her needs. With the sauce now removed, Soojin's smile brightened the room as she declared, "There you go, much better."

Yuqi returned the smile, her cheeks enhancing the adorability of her transformed form. However, just as she was about to take another bite, a sudden sneeze overtook her, causing her to shift once again. This time, she emerged as a brown-haired girl with white streaks and marshmallow-like cheeks. Soyeon was right, she looked just like Yuqi.