Chapter 1: Betrayal

Ren sat atop Jaune and delivered punch after punch with anger on his face as around them, the town was nearly burned to the ground, and bodied surrounded them. "I told you we should have evacuated! I TOLD YOU!" Ren cried with tears as he threw another punch down at Jaune.

The blond was not fighting back, as a matter of fact, he was taking it and crying, as he listened to his friend.

"Why the hell did I even listen to you!? Because of you, everyone is dead!" Ren cried. "Why didn't you listen to me you son of a bitch!" Ren cried.

Nora rushed over to him, tears in her eyes as she grabbed Ren and tried to pull him off of Jaune, "That's enough Ren! Stop it!" she cried.

Ren didn't stop and when he still felt Nora still trying to pull him off, he turned around and slapped her away and she cried in pain as she backed away in shock. Hearing Nora cry out in pain and seeing what Ren had just done, Jaune stopped taking the beating and punched Ren in the face before rolling over and getting atop the dark-haired boy and started throwing his own punches.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH!" Jaune cried as he punched Ren in the face.

Ren felt the blow but quickly grabbed Jaune and threw him over him and both boys got up and charged at one another, tackling each other to the ground and fighting. Nora rushed back over and pulled them apart, stopping the fight.

"This never would have happened if you had just listened to me!" Ren told him. "Their deaths are on your Hands!"

"REN!" Nora cried.

Jaune growled, "Fuck you!" Jaune charged at him.

Nora turned to him and tried to stop him too, but lost in the sea of emotions she punched Jaune in the face, and the blonde fell to the floor and looked back at Nora with a shocked face.

Realizing what she's done, Nora's eyes widened with regret as she looked at her leader. "J-Jaune...! I-I didn't-!"

However, Jaune just got up and walked away as Ren moved back and left Nora where she was, and the ginger-haired girl fell to her knees and began to cry, wishing that Pyrrha was here to help her, to comfort her.

This was the day that broke JNR apart.

Back in the present, Jaune was punched backward but he regained himself and looked at the man he was fighting, Jaune glared and charged at him and ducked under a swing and then wrapped his arms around the man's waist, raised him up, and threw the man to the floor of the arena and once the man was down, Jaune stood up and stomped the man in the face, the blonde teen heard the crack of the man's nose and saw the blood leaking out from his nose but Jaune didn't stop, and he kept stomping the man in the face and then heard the sound of the bell and despite wanting to keep bashing the man in the face, Jaune stopped and backed away.

A person came into the arena and checked the man's pulse and when it was confirmed the man was not dead, Jaune was declared the winner and was given the money and he then left the arena. He went back up to the bar for a few drinks.

When he sat at the bar, he took a quick shot before the bartender poured another, and this time, Jaune swirled the drink in the glass and stared off into the distance, thinking about what Sun had told him yesterday.

"But what about Pyrrha? Huh?" Jaune asked, "She wanted to know about you guys, she wanted to know how you were doing?"

He gripped his glass as anger began to build up inside of him, but it was stopped when someone took the seat next to him and spoke to him.