Chapter 2: Knight of the Crown

Carmine and Bertilak sat quietly in an abandoned hut and across from them was Jaune, watching the windows in case they were found. Currently, both Carmine and Bertilak were given their old clothes and weapons, and as they changed, Bertilak looked over to the blonde knight with a peered glare.

"Hey! Blondie!" He called out to him.

Jaune turned to him also with a glare, annoyed that the other man was being loud and would possibly blow their cover, "What?" Jaune hissed.

"Why'd you bust us out?" Bertilak asked with a raised brow. "Jax send you? You a Crownsmen?"

'Crownsmen? What the hell is that? But Jax... could it be the leader of the crown?' Jaune asked himself. "No," Jaune replied.

Carmine was confused by this, "If you ain't a Crownsmen and Jax didn't send you, why'd you bust us out?" She asked.

Jaune looked at her with a sigh, "I heard about you two, I heard you belong to some organization that wants to rebel against the Vacuovian council and Shade Academy, and I wanted to join,"

"How do you know about us?" Bertilak asked.

"CVFY," Jaune replied, "I heard a lot of things from them and I looked into their report, and after learning about what you were doing, I wanted to join," Jaune replied.

Bertilak was now getting suspicious, "And why would you want to join us?"

Jaune glared at him, "Before I came here, I was a 1st year student at Beacon," Jaune told him.

Hearing this, Bertilak was surprised and Carmine was now very interested, after all, there weren't a lot of Valerians in the Crown, at least those that joined willingly, but she knew he was also a survivor of the fall, and she was sure he saw first hand how the council and the so-called protectors of humanity, had failed.

"I lost a lot during the fall and the council did nothing, I came here only to see the same thing happen in a small town raided by bandits... I've lost faith in the council, and I've lost faith in being a Huntsmen and what they stand for," Jaune told them, "I want revenge and I want to change things if I can do that with you and your organization, then sign me up," Jaune told them.

Carmine smiled, "Shit kid, sounds right to me and hey, you busted our asses out of that fucking place, so your good in my book," Carmine said. "With what you did, I'm sure Jax and Gillian are gonna let ya join,"

Bertilak let out a grunt and continued to change as did Carmine and Jaune remained expressionless on the outside, but inside, he was relieved that everything was working as planned and he had seemingly convinced them, however, now he had some questions, who were the Crownsmen, was Jax the leader of the Crown, Or was it this Gillian? Maybe both? He hoped he'd get these answers soon.

Finally, the three managed to sneak out of the town by hiding inside a transport truck, and once they were far away from the town, they hopped out from the back and stood on the side of the road.

Once on the side of the road, Carmine pulled out her scroll and opened her maps, there she copied the coordinates before opening her messages, texted someone, and then sent the coordinates of their locations.

"Alright, I sent Gillian a text and our coordinates as well," Carmine said as she looked at her partner.

Bertilak looked at her, "You let her know that we have a... guest?" Bertilak asked, taking a glance at Jaune.

Carmine nodded, "I did, and we should be there soon,"

Jaune was a bit confused as to what she meant, "Are they coming to get us?" Jaune asked, "Is that a good idea?" He asked.