Breakfast and brothers

Cass' pov

I opened my eyes to find myself in hell, literally. Mother really did love the nights talks at as she put it, 'ungodly hours'. I was inclined to agree.

"How is my precious snake settling in, I know it can be hard and that making new connections are difficult..." She continued to hover around me and check me for any injuries. Who new the devil was a mother hen.

"I'm fine mother, I have already made new friends. Each within a pureblood families and have already helped me catch up to speed on the last two years event." Her smile grew as she hugged me close.
"I'm just worried darling but I have taken up enough time of your night and you should be waking up now."

Without a chance to say another word I say sitting up gasping for air in my criminally soft bed. It takes tremendous effort to drag myself out of it and to start getting ready.

I clean up in the bathroom, it was filled with plant life. I had always felt very connected with nature, a life beyond many witches and wizards understandings. According to mother, it took someone with a substantial magical power to bond with foreign life.

I dressed and finally left fof the common room, it was quite only a few resided in the space this early in the morning

I dressed and finally left fof the common room, it was quite only a few resided in the space this early in the morning. I found a comfortable place near the hearth and began reading a history of dragons.

 I found a comfortable place near the hearth and began reading a history of dragons

(Imagine it looks into the waters of the lake)

Well that was until I felt the dip of the sofa next to me, I continued to ignore the person for another ten minutes knowing exactly who it was.
It seems patience isn't a family trate, he lets out a little cough to attract my attention. I finally decided he has waited long enough and look up from the book.
Marvolo Maxim Gaunt Riddle was smiling at me, he held out his hand for a greeting. "Hello Cassiopeia, I am Marvolo. It is my honour to welcome you into Slytherin."

His eyes then caught onto the book I was reading, "Dragons?" He asked arching an eyebrow. Now that was a topic I was comfortable talking about.

"Yes dragons, they are fascinating creatures really, such powerful yet recluse unless the are roused from there rest by a threat. My personal favourite is the Peruvian Vipertooth. It is not flashy and obvious in its power, it is cunning, clever and ambitious"

I couldn't help the spark that lit up in my eyes when talking about magical creatures not the small smile. Marvolo sent me a large smile of his own and offering to take me to breakfast.

I inclined my head, grabbed my bag with a feather light charm and followed hime down the corridors until we finally arrived at the Great Hall. A girl in my year was sitting at the Slytherin table alone.
I said a quick goodbye to my brother and headed straight towards the girl.

Her hair was the palest blond I had ever seen and she sat with grace. I situated myself in front of her and began to fill my own plate with an abundance of pastries and sweet breads.

The girl looked up and smiled at me, we shook hand and introduced herself. "My name is Daphne Greengrass, heiress to the most ancient and noble house of Greengrass." I smiled at her and introduced myself.

"Lovely to meet you heiress Greengrass, my name is Cassiopeia Morningstar Riddle. Heiress to the Most ancient and noble house of Morningstar."