Baker (Aamon X Male Reader)

Aamon walked through the town square, nodding and smiling in acknowledgment at the many greetings he received as he walked by.

Passing the main square, a sigh left his lips when he saw the street with lines of vendors and shops strewn about.

Almost there

He thought to himself whilst quickening his pace, soon arriving at the small bakery situated amongst others. Hastily opening up the door, he didn't hesitate before walking in

Being greeted by the sweet scent of freshly baked goods and the familiar smile of the tall and muscular baker that resided inside, his pearly whites gleamed like the sun that shone outside.

"Ah, Duke Paxley. I didn't expect you to be here this early! Your order will be out of the oven in a few" he happily hollered out. "It's fine L/n, I can wait" the duke replied with a smile of his own before sitting down at one of the stools.

Looking around, the duke took notice of the absence of the baker's little brother that usually helped out around the bakery;" Where did your brother go?" perking up from behind the counter, the baker happily replied; "Either training with the soldiers or goofing oof with Gusion"

"Again?" he asked with a sigh. Chuckling at his reaction he responded "Both of them have always been so close since they met... Plus if it weren't for them, we wouldn't have met"

Smiling fondly at the memory, Aamon commented; "Yeah..."

Then a comfortable silence filled the room, both reminiscing the past. Then the sound of the door creaking open caught the two male's attention.

And in walked Lesley Vance, with a bouquet of roses settled in her arms, her strides confident as she walked towards the counter. Placing her bouquet on a nearby table.

With a knowing smirk on his face, the baker spoke to the sniper lady "For Miss Violet?" nodding the redhead replied "Yes.. and a box of cinnamon rolls please.. Along with a small round of chocolate cake" grinning, the baker spoke up "Coming right up"

Turning to the sitting duke behind her, the Vance nodded "Duke Paxley", with a nod of his own, he acknowledged her "Lesley Vance"

Both had always been on neutral terms, never really talking but both respectful towards the other.

"Order up!" the baker hollered out with two boxes in front of him. Pulling out the payment, she placed it on the counter and then grabbed her belongings, thanking the baker before Leaving the shop with the scent of roses following behind.

A few minutes consisting of the soft hums of the baker and a comfortable silence followed. And soon, the ding of a timer cut through the air.

"Ah! I just have to pack this up for you Duke Paxley" Y/N cheered as he pulled out a cardboard box from under the counter.

Standing up and dusting himself off, the duke strode towards the baker, a smile on his face whilst Grabbing the box filled with his favorite treats.

Taking a deep breath in, he stared up that the glistening eyes of the baker, his heart thumping against his chest as he stammered, "Dinner... With me?"

With his hearty laugh, he grinned "Definitely"