Drawn to you

• Angelina's POV •

I showered and got ready for Laurel's book party. I wore a white long sleeve crop top and a jean skirt and put my hair into a curly bun. I slipped my vans on and walked downstairs to a dressed up Belly speaking with Jeremiah.

"Belly, you look really pretty." I told her as I approached her and my arch nemesis.

She'd told me before I met with Luka at the club that she'd snagged a date with the cute guy I'd seen her talking to in the hallway.

"You think he'll like how I look?" She asked.

"He's batshit crazy if he doesn't." I replied.

She smiled shyly and tugged some strands of her hair behind her ears.

I walked over to where Conrad was sitting on the couch. Steven complained when I blocked his vision from the video game. Jeremiah hopped over the couch and plopped next to me.

"Belly's got a date and you don't," he remarked. "Feel like a loser yet?"

"Well you haven't had a girlfriend in your entire life so who's really the loser?" I asked.

"Can you two chill with the bickering just for tonight? I'm not in the mood." Conrad sneered.

What's got his panties in a bunch?

"You guys ready?" Susannah asked as she walked downstairs.

We all stood and piled out of the house.

~

Inside of the bookstore, the guys all sat on a couch while I went to see if I could snag some champagne. After successfully sneaking a few drinks, I took notice of a book with a purple cover.

I grabbed it and began reading through the description, finding it immediately intriguing.

I walked back over to the boys and frowned when I noticed the only empty seat was next to Jeremiah. I accepted my fate and sat next to him.

For almost a second, Jeremiah's hand rested on my thigh. He moved it quickly, but the movement startled me anyway.

I was still annoyed with him over his comment and his behavior at the club with Luka, so I turned my body away from him and focused on my pretty book.

Throughout the time that we sat, I kept feeling him turn his head to me. I wouldn't have noticed if we weren't practically squished together on the couch. At times his fluffy hair would brush against mine.

Why does he keep looking at me?

"We could go to the drive in." Steven suggested.

Isn't that where Belly's date is?

I placed one of Laurel's business cards inside my book as a bookmark and paid attention the conversation I was only half listening to before. These idiots better not be thinking of ruining Belly's date.

"Nahh dude I don't wanna see Belly hooking up with some kid."

Conrad's face lit up almost as if a lightbulb lit in his head.

"Let's go to the drive in." He smiled wickedly.

"No!" I protested. "It's her first date, why would you do that?"

"Cause it's fun." Conrad shrugged.

He obviously didn't see my point and a part of me felt as though he was purposely ignoring it. I sat back in my seat and reopened my book, no longer interested in this conversation.