Showcase

• Angelina •

I sat behind a long table with Georgina after my.... sudden realization and gathered my thoughts. Georgina had brought over 30 people to audition for the showcase and out of the 30, we were to pick 5.

So, that's why she wanted to do this so early. It makes sense now.

"I understand that this will be your competition, but you must choose fairly, even if you feel that they'll do better than you. Healthy competition is always good." She encouraged me before the acts went on.

We sat for hours as musicians, dancers, and a few other kinds of talents came up to audition. There were 4 other ballet dancers, but only one of them matched up to my skill and my god was she good.

I knew it was the right thing to do to add her to the show, but it broke my heart to do so. How could I ever win against her? This is just her audition, imagine her at the actual performance.

We sifted through until we had our acts together. It took a lot of decision making and even more of my pride put to the side to create the list, but I chose to remain fair. The worst that could happen is that someone else wins and my ego is hurt, but that money will still go towards charity.

I'll be walking into the deb making absolutely no money for it, but hey, I'm already walking in there with no date so I literally can't get any more embarrassing.

In the end we chose a violinist, two singers, a saxophonist, and the other dancer. I knew that this competition was between all 6 of us, but it felt like my only real competition was the other dancer.

The other talents were great, but I felt confident that my routine could beat them out. Just not her.

It was finally time to go home. I was about to walk outside and call Steven when Georgina stopped me. When I turned she had a serious look on her face.

"I saw your face when I chose Roxanne," she said referring to the other dancer. "Do you think you can beat her?"

No.

"I'll try." I shrugged.

"Wrong answer," she snapped. "Do you think you can beat her?"

"Not really," I began. "She's super tal-"

"Are you going to beat her?" She rephrased her question.

"I don't know." I said to which she sighed dramatically.

"I'll keep asking until you get it right," she prodded. "Are you going to beat her, Angelina?"

"I'm going to beat her." I said and she nodded in approval.

"Rest and don't stress." She said and walked back to her desk in the front of the room.

And that's what I intend to do. I'll practice my ass off for the next few days and try my hardest to not distract myself with other things. I went to open the door again and it opened on it own, Jeremiah entering the studio.

Well I guess the universe is letting me know now that avoiding him is gonna be impossible. Georgina had told me to talk to him, but I wasn't ready yet. It was a struggle just liking him, how was I to go about loving him?

How was I supposed to confront these new feelings for him?

I looked up at the boy who I loved and wondered why it had to be him? Why couldn't I fall for someone who actually wanted me? Why did it have to be Jeremiah? And why does everyone else seem to think that he feels the same?

First Dani and Sadie, then Steven, and now Georgina?

It makes no sense to me.

"Will you two stop staring into each other's eyes and go?" Georgina yelled from her desk.