Chapter 1

"To all members who board on flight 223. The current plane has received an unfortunate incident and will be delayed until further notice. As such, we shall offer compensation to you in order-"

I didn't listen to the whole announcement as I ended up just staring at my now useless flight ticket I hold in my hand. As of today, my flight to my dormitory has been delayed due to some engine failure or technical difficulties based on I had been told.

This  was like the worst bad luck of sorts because I paid a lot for this one trip and I was dying to see what my new room is like. With the situation as of now, I started contemplating on what to do afterwards with a mix of frustration and confusion swirling around in my mind.

"This is just great..." *I sat on one of the seats near me and pulled out my smartphone, moping about it as I read or watched whatever content was on the screen. In the end, I just hope whatever I'm being offered as an alternative, is a good one...

"G-good sir? *A woman wearing a standard uniform, who appears to be one of the flight attendants, has walked up towards me with a...nervous expression. Her body was shivering slightly and effortlessly, showing a brave face towards me like she was bracing towards danger. I assume to myself that she was one of those attendants on the delayed plane I was about to board on.

 I assume to myself that she was one of those attendants on the delayed plane I was about to board on

*I looked up towards the woman to listen her every explanation for this problem-

"I apologize for the inconvenience of your flight. We don't know when the plane will be ready and it may take a while for it to be repaired. Again, I'm terribly sorry."

"A-ah... right." *I responded meekly. I kind of wanna put the blame on her and her flight crew, but in the end, I just didn't say it due to my good conscience.  So i just let her continue.