Chapter 2

*I stood up from my bed to adjust my eyes in this dark room. To describe what the hotel room is like, it's a pretty small and standard one. A living and bedroom with one door leading to the bathroom and another to this hotel's hallway. The hybrid living and bedroom has two beds, both of them being neatly tidy. A wall mounted TV with a polish wooden shelf underneath it. A table with two chairs; both near a power outlet. A closet having three cloth racks and a safe. And a small refrigerator having two water bottles and one soda bottle.  The floors have polish marble materials with a carpet covering half the side of this room. An odd design choice but it feels nice that this place still use carpets.    And the walls themselves are made with textile materials.

*I look at the hotel's standard digital clock for what time it is now and learn how long I had slept. But instead of seeing LED digital numbers, I only have a  black, tinted polymer background staring back at me. With barely a reflection of myself shown on the material.

Huh? That's weird...

*I started tapping on the button for any numbers to show up on this electronic clock, but to no avail. It continued on like this until i realized that there's no power for the clock. I checked the clock's cord and its still plugged into the power outlet. With this factor in mind, I flip the switch for the lamp on the shelf. Just like the clock, the lamp was not turning on as well.
What's going on? *with both the lamp and clock unavailable,
I turn to my phone to check the current time. It was around 10:00. The weather outside was cloudy and there seems to be light rain coming down. With that much cloud outside, it felt like it was still night time. Just as I checked the current time of day, I hear knocking coming from hotel room's door in which I turn my attention to it. The knock was then followed by a voice

Um. Excuse me, Karo? I-I mean, Housekeeping!

*A familiar feminine voice was spoken behind the door before I approach it and open it up with a slightly tired expression

Ah! Good morning Karo! I see you're awake now!

Oh. Xin Yi. What are you doing here?

*Xin Yi was forming some words in her head before vocally expressing them to me
If...if I may warn you, it seems the power suddenly went out while you were asleep.  We're very sorry if such a thing happened! Our maintenance staffs are on their way fixing it.

Oh. I see then. Do you know when the power will be back? *When she ended her line like that I responded back with curiosity before she replied.

*Xin Yi shook her head in gesture before responding. "I'm not sure. The manager hasn't informed any of our staffs on when they'll be fixed
But don't worry! I'm sure it will be back on if we're both idled with something else other than this.

"What do you mean by that? The TV is still off by the blackout y'know."

"I-I mean, something else besides that! Such as me paying you back for your offer to help me yesterday. Here! I-I made this before the power went off. Take it.
*Xin Yi holds out a a small blue plastic container to me. There's a small visual cue of steam coming out from the small edges. I decided to take it off her hands as I obtained the small thing before opening it to see what's inside.

I was greeted with a pleasant smell that you would sense in a kitchen. The smell of grilled or roasted meat, and fish. Specifically, a piece of steak and salmon, both smoked and seasoned. Vegetables with green onions and beans. And the other half filled with rice. This small container given to me is a cooked meal from Xin Yi.     

Are you...hungry right now? You must be if you came here from a long trip. G-go on, eat it. *Xin Yi rubs her cheek with one finger while looking at me with a sort of pleading look. I didn't know why she is tempting me to eat this meal but it does look tasty, so I took the plastic utensil on the bottom cover of this plastic blue box and started dipping it into the meals. I tasted the rice and meats. They were both delicious.