Chapter Three

"Raon, come here."

Because he's trying to calm himself down, the tone came out colder than expected. A wrong move, seeing the black dragon flinching as if remembering something. 

"A-Are you giving me a mission, again?" the child ask wearily, and tiredly.

Cale ignored the ache, and just directly pulled the flying dragon. The distance between them were not that far, he just needs to move a little and stretch his arms to easily scoop the black dragon in his chest.

"Wa, W-Wait!" the child seems flustered, he offer little soft resistance. His wings create a gushed of winds, conveying that he likes it.

Cale uses his right hand to gently but firmly hold the dragon's nape, acting as a support. He safely burrowed Raon in his embrace. 

He then make himself comfortable on the leather seat, leaning his back while his left hand is busy patting the dragon's bum. It create a rhythmic pattern, letting Raon calm himself and indulge. 

"I'm sorry... " the redhead whispers a moment later.

'Don't worry, Raon. I'll wack the heck out of that Prime Minister when i have the chance.'

He can feel the black dragon widening his eyes, really surprise by what he said.

"Because i've always wronged you, how about punishing me, hmm, Raon? Let's empty my wallet to buy anything you want!" the redhead said in a jovial and placating tone.

"A-Alright, Human." although suspicious, the child nodded his head.

Raon wants to distance himself a little and Cale let him be. The black dragon eyed him, as if searching for something, while Cale continue holding and patting him.

"By the way..." Cale trailed off.

"Raon as for your first name, and Miru as your last name. Raon Miru. I've came up with this in a hope that you grow up joyfully." he maintained the eye contact in an attempt to showcase his sincerity. 

"You've waited long, huh, Raon? I'm sorry. It is so hard to think for a great and mighty name befitting you." And it seems that his sincerity reach the child's heart, despite his doubts, seeing how his pupils shake and lips tremble to a futile effort of not crying.