Chapter 2

"Kazumi! Wait up! You can't just take off like that!" Itsuki's voice rings out behind her, but Kazumi remains undeterred.

"Something didn't feel right from the moment I woke up. I need to figure out why!" Kazumi's resolve propels her forward as she navigates the endless hallways, her friends trailing behind her.

Finally, they arrive at their destination: the teachers' room. Kazumi takes a moment to catch her breath, her mind racing with questions and uncertainties.

After a few deep breaths, Kazumi raises her hand and knocks on the door. It swings open, revealing their teacher, Aizawa-sensei, standing on the other side with his characteristic tired demeanor.

"Yes?" Aizawa-sensei's voice is gruff, his gaze piercing as he regards the group. "What do you need? Classes are over, and I've got papers to grade."

"What year is it?" Kazumi's voice cuts through the air, ignoring the fact that their teacher looks noticeably younger and has a lot less gray hair than they're used to.

Aizawa's expression shifts, his tired demeanor momentarily replaced by confusion. "What?" he responds, taken aback by the abrupt question.

Kazumi repeats herself, her tone urgent and insistent.

"It's..." Aizawa begins to answer before trailing off, seeming to realize the weight of the question. "It's 20..." he hesitates, seemingly grappling with the unexpected inquiry.

The teens are stunned into silence, the implications of Aizawa's response sinking in.

"FUCK!" Kazumi exclaims, the realization hitting her like a ton of bricks.

"So, we didn't get teleported..." Shosuke's voice is filled with disbelief as he voices the realization.

Itsuki shakes her head in disbelief, her mind racing to comprehend the situation. "We got sent back in time?!"

Aizawa's eyes widen in understanding as the gravity of the situation dawns on him.

"Come on. You obviously need to talk," he says, gesturing for them to follow him into the nearby teachers' lounge. They settle onto a couch, their teacher taking a seat opposite them.

"Tell me what happened," Aizawa prompts, his voice calm but serious.

With that, the floodgates open, and Hikki recounts the events leading up to their sudden journey into the past. Aizawa listens intently, absorbing every detail.

"Alright, it seems you have indeed time-traveled," Aizawa begins, his tone grave. "The most important thing right now: you let nothing slip about the future, and I mean absolutely nothing." His words hang heavy in the air, underscoring the gravity of their situation.

The four teens nod in unison, their agreement evident as Aizawa lays out the plan for their immediate future.

"I have to talk to Nedzu about this. We will need to figure out a way to get you back home. I'm guessing you also need a place to stay until then?" Aizawa's inquiry hangs in the air, met with another collective nod from the teens.

"Alright, you know me and your way around here, so I'm guessing you are in the hero course?" Aizawa's assumption goes unchallenged, prompting Itsuki to speak up.

"Yes, we are in the hero course, and you are our homeroom teacher," Itsuki confirms, her tone steady despite the surreal circumstances.

"Okay, I'm sure you can stay in the spare rooms of my classes' dorm, but I will have to talk to Nedzu about all of this first," Aizawa decides, rising from his seat. "What are your names? Just say your first names, if I know your last ones."

"I'm Itsuki."

"My name is Shosuke, I'm Itsuki's twin brother."

"Kazumi."

"I'm Hikki."

"Alright, wait here. I will be back," Aizawa says before leaving, closing the door behind him.

The room falls into a heavy silence as the teens let out a collective sigh of relief, the weight of the situation settling in.

"Should we have told him about Hato and Setsuko?" Shosuke breaks the silence, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Honestly, I don't know. I mean, right now, each of their parents are the most wanted and dangerous villains. For all we know, they could've been teleported to wherever they are," Itsuki responds, her tone tinged with uncertainty.

"We can't risk a fight, which is most likely to happen if the pros find them with the villains," Kazumi asserts, her tone firm and resolute.

Shosuke nods in agreement, understanding the gravity of their situation.

Meanwhile, some time earlier, somewhere else:

Hato groans in pain as he sits up, disoriented by his surroundings. Confusion clouds his mind as he surveys the dimly lit alleyway.

Beside him lies an unconscious white-haired girl, Setsuko.

"Wake up, Setsuko!" Hato urges urgently, gently shaking her to consciousness.

Setsuko's eyes snap open, her reflexes immediately springing into action as she instinctively moves to defend herself, a hand poised threateningly at Hato's throat.

"Whoa, it's just me," Hato reassures her, raising his hands in a gesture of surrender.

"Hato, what happened?" Setsuko inquires, her confusion evident as she tries to piece together their predicament.

"We were fighting a villain, then everything went black after he hit us with his quirk," Hato recounts, his memory gradually returning.

"That bastard! He must have teleported us away and escaped!" Setsuko seethes with anger, her frustration palpable as she crosses her arms in indignation. However, her agitation is interrupted by a sudden realization.

"My gloves! Where are my gloves?!" Setsuko's panic mounts as she frantically scans their surroundings.

"I'm sure they are here somewhere, calm down," Hato reassures her, joining in the search.

"Easy for you to say! One wrong touch and you're dust!" Setsuko retorts, her fear creeping into her voice. Before they can react further, they are seized from behind, their struggles futile as darkness engulfs them once more.

A/n: Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Please feel free to leave a comment.