The Well

Prologue  

     In the middle of a forest, was a clearing. One day, some people found the clearing, and thought, "Cool, a peaceful, calm place. Let's make a village here." I don't think they thought ahead, though, it's isolated from society. Sounds pretty sad and lonely, right? Anyways, they made a village there by cutting trees for building material and, well, making houses. The space where the trees used to be had a river, so it was where people would get their water, and plant crops near. Most of the residents were people who'd gotten lost, stumbled here, and decided to stay. They called it a cursed forest because they'd get lost and not be able to find a way out. A few people who wandered in the forest long enough and managed to leave, told others about it. That's how it got to be called "The Forest of the Lost" by outsiders. Few people ever entered the forest from then on, for fear of getting, well, lost. 

     One day, at the edge of the village, a resident found a well. They asked around and no one knew where it came from. They returned to the well to hear cries from it. Since then, wanderers in the forests have reported hearing whispers.

(3rd Person)

     A child is sleeping in his bed. He begins shifting around, waking up. Once he woke up, he sat up on his bed. His name is Noah. He yawns then says, "Ah, another great day! I should see what my chores are today." 

     Noah got up and walked out of his room into the living room. There's a TV on a table against the wall, and a red-orange couch in the middle of the room, facing the TV. Noah's father is on the couch, trying to find a good channel out of the few they get out in a forest. (The only reason there's electricity and internet is because this forest just be special like that) His father turned and saw him, and said, "Oh, finally awake, sleepyhead!" 

     "Sorry, dad!" Noah responded. 

     "Ah, it's alright! If you're looking, breakfast and the chore list is on the dining table," his father said, pointing to a table in another room. The rooms don't have doors, so you could look into one room from another. Noah walked into the kitchen and turned right towards the dining table. The table was a square, with a chair on each side. He saw a couple of scrambled eggs and a 3-pancake stack on a plate, along with a piece of paper, in front of a chair. He sat down in the chair and started reading over the list as he ate his food. Once he finished his food, he went back into his room to change into new clothes. He put on a dark red hoodie with navy blue stripes on the sleeves, over his white shirt. He changed his white, knee-length shorts into a slightly more flexible gray pair. He put on a pair of plain, white socks, and some shoes over them. Afterwards, he left the house through a door in the living room, grabbing a basket. 

     Noah walked to the backyard of the house for his first chore; tending to the garden. He opened the fence gate that led inside, putting the basket down and picking up two wooden buckets with water as he walked by. 

     "So, which of these plants needs watering, and which need to be harvested," Noah mumbled under his breath. He set down the bucket in his left hand and started to walk around the square garden plots. There were carrots, lettuce, an apple tree, and a banana tree. He picked 4 apples, 5 bananas, and watered the trees. He put the bucket down and collected the 9 carrots and 4 heads of lettuce. Afterwards, he replanted them and used the rest of the water. He put all of food into the basket and brought it inside the house to the kitchen counter by the fridge. "Dad, how much of it do you want me to bring to the food market to trade?" Noah asked his father. 

     "I think it'll be fine to keep the smaller half and bring the larger one to trade," his father called from the living room. Noah opened the fridge, put 2 apples on the left drawer at the bottom, 4 carrots and 2 lettuce heads at the shelf above, and closed the fridge. He put 2 bananas on a banana holder by the fridge, then walked back out with what was left in the basket.