Story: Prologue

Gray skies filled with almost black clouds, all the smoke over the years has finally filled the clouds with it's toxic pollution. Not a single ray of light pierced through. The ground was pure white from being covered in snow, but the once white and pure snow had crimson flex in it. This was a graveyard, the front lines. And the only man standing had a flask in hand. He was walking forward to the enemy's base, cursing their commander's existence while shaking thanks to the freezing weather.

The world was dying, and it's all thanks to one man. One horrible man. That damned bastard. Just his name made your hair stand up and bristle. And just the sight of that man, made another army shake and cower, except for one soldier. The soldier with a flask in hand, drinking his toxic liquor.

The name of this lonely soldier who was standing in the middle of a graveyard, a graveyard made out of his fellow mates, buddies, companions.

His name was Thomas Thompson. He took another swing of his flask, throwing back his head as the burning liquor hit the back of his throat. His cheeks burned red, but his face was still pale. War wasn't as heroic as they made it sound like.

It's horrific, it hurts, the things you see, things you have to do, this wasn't war, this was hell.

Thomas's mind was beginning to go fuzzy, with no sense of direction, he tripped over a root, that's what he wanted to believe at least. He got up but noticed that his flask wasn't in his hand nor sight. He was about to begin searching, but a snap made him look up. There near one of the broken down trees. There he was, there he stood, smiling at Thomas.

Maybe it was the alcohol that had taken it's toll on Thomas, but he didn't have time to react as this bastard stood in front of him. One swift move from him and Thomas found himself on his side on the ground looking up at the devil himself. It wasn't an exasperation either, the guy even shaped his own hair into two horns. He leaned down to Thomas and grabbed his chin, making Thomas wince. "Greetings Thomas"

Thomas stayed silent, only giving the man above harsh glares. "Won't you even greet me? and here I thought you were taught better manners from your mother, guess not" He said as he grinned down at the man. "Thomas, you will greet me properly-" "WHAT'S there to greet Tord? The sorry excuse you've become?-" Thomas had to stop talking when a blade was put against his neck and Tord's other hand grabbed Thomas's already outgrown hair. Thomas hissed as he was forced up by his hair while the blade dug a little bit deeper into his neck. "Oh Thomas, I think you should be a little bit more respectful towards me since you know, I will have all the power very soon." Tord smiled gently at Thomas. "Hmm I don't know, you don't seem worth my respect" "Then look a bit harder, dear Thomas" Tord barked as the blade started to slip to the side, forming a small cut on the other's neck. Thomas hissed at the stinging pain. They stood like that for a long time until Tord let go of Thomas's hair, but kept the blade, which was by now covered in the flex of crimson blood.

"Just try and kill me, you'll be going against the peace contract." Thomas spat nervously, sure he sounded tough but deep down he knew that if Tord wanted to kill him, it would be easy. "Peace? Ha!-" Tord laughed. "Ahh Thomas, you humor me." Tord let go of Thomas entirely now, pulling away from his blade. "This peace contract, this armistice isn't made for me and my army, Thomas, and I think you know that. This armistice is just something the world leaders are using to give you, the public, some sort of comfort." Tord stepped closer to Thomas, grabbing his uniform. "Tell me, Thomas, do you feel comforted ? or are you actually smart and know that I don't care nor need this armistice?" Tord asked. Thomas gulped which made Tord smile and nod. "You know," Tord said as he pushed Thomas to the ground.

Tord grabbed his gun, Thomas was ready to doge but his dizzy mind would slow him down. He jumped when Tord shot, but the bullet didn't hit him, it hit a general behind Thomas. Thomas looked up to see the general fall face first, his head split open, you could see the bloody mass inside his head. Thomas shook, Tord sat down with Thomas and whispered in his ear "Oops, we don't want any witnesses, now do we?" Tord asked, then hummed as he stood up patting Thomas's back. Tord started to walk away back to the tree he stood near in the beginning. Thomas looked as the devil walked off, glaring into the guy's back. Thomas will have his revenge, for everything this commie bastard has done to him and the world, that's a promise.