Chapter 6

The next morning in the locker rooms, Raven was fastening her sword onto her outfit when she felt her brother playfully flick her shoulder. "What do you want, Qrow?"

Qrow puts a hand to his chest, as if he were offended. "I just wanted to know who my sis was hoping to have on her team."

Raven's eyes widened, and she whipped around to face Qrow. "Tell me you're joking."

Qrow's smile turns into a smirk. "Hope you've made friends."

Raven shakes her head in disbelief. "You're kidding...How many are on a team?"

Qrow chuckles. "If the rumors are true, four."

Raven seems to calm down, and she rolls her eyes. "We're gonna be on the same team, so I guess it doesn't matter if we're paired with two other idiots or not."

Qrow shakes his head. "We don't know how the teams are going to be picked."

A bit of fear seeps into Raven's eyes. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Willow and Kali laugh together as they chat by their lockers, preparing their weapons. Willow smiles at Kali. "So, any thoughts as to who you want on your team?"

Kali chuckles. "You, for sure."

Willow nods in agreement. "We're already so close. I mean, you did cuddle my arm last night."

Kali blushes a bit at Willow's comment. "I was asleep and cold!"

Willow chuckles. "Right~"

"I was!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the edge of Beacon cliff, each student was told to stand on a platform launch pad, as Professor Goodwitch and Ozpin stood a few feet ahead of the group. The students chatted amongst each other, but the cliff fell silent as the Headmaster began speaking. 

"For years you have trained to become warriors, and today your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest."

Professor Goodwitch spoke up shortly after Professor Ozpin finished. "Now I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of teams. Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates. Today."

Professor Ozpin finishes giving the details. "These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon, so it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well. That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years. After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path, or you will die. You will be monitored and graded for the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one, and return to the top of the cliff. We will guard that item as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?" 

Tai raises his hand. "Is this safe?"

Ozpin continues. "Not necessarily. Now, take your positions."