𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏: 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

╔════ ⭒ ‧͙⁺-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ˚⁺‧͙ ⭒ ════╗I really hope this makes up for my last chapter! And it's longer too ;) I'm really satisfied with the atmosphere and tension throughout this one's plot, so, I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I loved writing it! ^•^

I really hope this makes up for my last chapter! And it's longer too ;) I'm really satisfied with the atmosphere and tension throughout this one's plot, so, I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I loved writing it! ^•^

╚════ ⭒ ‧͙⁺-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ˚⁺‧͙ ⭒ ════╝

published 17/07/2023

warnings: blood, heavy angst, totk spoilers

‧͙⁺-ˋˏ I can't ˎˊ˚⁺‧͙

The torch's flames danced along the stone engravings of the ancient, Zonai walls but it was the way the shadows flickered upon the crevices which caused the skin of my neck to prickle in anticipation and my fingers to tighten themselves around the Purah Pad. A shiver following soon after.

"I don't think we should be down here, Zelda...", I said, watching the way Link's and hers fingers glided upon one another as she handed him the torch with such delicacy that it made my heart twist around itself, a reminder of what had happened...I gently shook my head at that, hoping to rid my chest of the pain that it brought upon me. "We have to find out what is happening, y/n. I have a feeling we're close to discovering something remarkable!", her smile was wide with excitement as her eyes flickered in childlike curiosity.

I gave her a small, smile back, feeling the way her eagerness of a new discovery waiting to be exposed reflected itself into me, allowing my own bubbling apprehension to seep through, "I know, I'm just worried we may not be as prepared as we think we are." Zelda's eyes cast themselves over the aged engravings while I handed her the Purah Pad as I continued, "I just...have this feeling that there's something not right here." Her brows furrowed in thought while she raised the Pad, readying it for a photo before turning to smile at me from over her shoulder, "You're just a bit anxious, y/n. I promise we'll be fine." I inwardly sighed in defeat as I nodded at her, "You're probably right." She hummed in agreement.

My heart quickened its pace at that, feeling the way Link's eyes stared at me from the corner of my own as I now stood beside him. I tried to steady my breathing at that, feeling the way the awkwardness between us drooled into the deafening silence that lingered around us. "Can...can we talk about what happened?", I softly murmured in fear I'd break what we had even further than it already was.

I flinched at the silence that followed while Link deeply exhaled, his silence tearing through the strings that held my heart together, my own exhale slipping past my lips, "I see. Well, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry and after we're done here, I'll be taking the other half of my things from your place, I should've already done that a while ago to be honest."