𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟏𝟏: 𝑻𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒓 𝑫𝒂𝒓𝒆?

Wanda

↢ ᗢ ↣

So far, we had made progress by pinning information that I remember onto a white board. We also used up an entire wall in the living space for other theories and possible answers onto it. Even the pictures we printed. It looked like a serial killer's planning wall, but it's the only way for us to make sense of things.

Nat has been really patient enough in trying to understand what I am telling her about my history in this universe and the specific details on how I turned to who I am today. It feels like I am stripping naked right in front of her eyes. Letting her in on some information I have never shared with anyone, not even information I shared with Vision when he was alive. I'm becoming even more vulnerable to her. 

As if losing my magic isn't becoming vulnerable enough already. 

"We need a break." I suggested, walking away from the wall. We have been at this for a week straight. We got so little progress and my magic is still on AWOL.

"I think we deserve one. I'll put on a fresh pot of coffee and make us some easy lunch." she said.

I slumped against the couch while Nat headed into the kitchen to make us some food. I still find it really hard to believe how patient she is in all of these. There's nothing in it for her when we finish this yet, she's still here working with me. Even if she can barely understand the ancient terms I say when talking about chaos magic. This is probably hard for her to comprehend as she's dealing with things she has never experienced before, but I cannot see even a hint of worry or fear in her. I told her that if I lost control, I could kill her, but that didn't even budge her. Hell, she didn't even blink. She just stared at me. 

Either she's hiding it really well or... nothing will ever fear this woman anymore.

"Mac and cheese?" she offered me a bowl of hot mac and cheese paired with a cup of coffee.

"Thanks." 

She then sat beside me in silence before drawing her attention on an ancient book Clint was able to acquire for us for research. She sipped her coffee, like she was fading my presence away from her. I smiled and shook my head slowly. Taking the book away from her and placing it down on the coffee table beside her own bowl of mac and cheese.

"Hey." she rasped. Looking so confused.

"We're supposed to take a break, remember?" I smirked and handed her food instead.

"Yeah, but—"

I interrupted her to say, "No. We've been doing this for days without taking a breather. We do research, come up with theories and then train for combat. I think we should take the rest of the day off from everything." 

"Are you sure?" she probed.

"Yes. As much as I want to know what's happening with my magic, I just want to have a few hours without thinking about it for now, okay?" I replied.

"Fair enough. What do you suggest we should do for the rest of the day then?"

"I don't know. What do you normally do for fun?" I asked.

She made a face full of thought. Trying so hard to see if there's anything she does for fun. It also made me think, it has been a while since I did anything just for fun. Our lives are pretty chaotic. It doesn't give us room to chill, let alone have fun. 

"Okay, obviously, we both don't have answers to that question of yours so maybe we can just improvise." Nat suggested, standing up to grab an empty bottle of water from the kitchen counter before coming back to the living room. "Truth or dare?"