Chapter Eleven ~ Frankie

Something told me that nefarious tomfoolery was afoot. I had nothing but my intuition but that was the only thing I had and I trusted it. So on Monday, I watched to make sure no highjinks would rock my world.

"What's up?" Jayne asked.

I shrugged.

She eyed me suspiciously. "You've been quiet ever since the game Friday. I know you had fun but now you're in lala land."

"I am?" I was unaware of that.

"Yes."

What did I say to that?!

Jayne simply watched me but I had nothing to respond so I didn't. I went back to my painting. She leaned over into my space. "You're using a lot of blues."

I jerked. We were supposed to be painting a bowl of fruit. None of which were blue... Why was I painting them blue?

"They're beautiful though."

I gripped my paintbrush as I thought about the shade I'd achieved. It was beautiful. The same exact shade of Hunt- I snapped to. I was not thinking about Hunter's eyes being blue nor beautiful! Right?

"You look like your brain melted." Jayne poked my side. "Yes, you can create beauty."

That wasn't why I was freaking out. "Thanks."

She hugged me. "I know you're upset about Bradley but-"

"I'm not." I lied. He'd freaked out on me yesterday for going to the football game but I wasn't too worried. I could be by myself. Always by myself...

A knock sounded at the art room's door and our art teacher, Ms. Gellar went to open  it. A young guy stood there with a bunch of gorgeous blooms. Every girl melted. "Yes?"

"I've got a delivery." The guy held the flowers up.

"For whom?"

"A-" He checked the tag. "Frankie Hall."

I gasped because what? No one sent me flowers. Was Bradley sorry for screaming at me for simply going outside?

Ms. Gellar pointed at me so the guy came to me. "Here you go, Ms. Hall. Have a good day."

I smiled at him. "Thank you."

He sauntered out, whistling.

The girls in class surrounded me. "Who's it from?!"

"Guys?!" Jayne held them off. "Let her read the card."

I looked through the gorgeous bouquet. It was stunning. Blue and white orchids, white baby's breath and blue and white hibiscuses wrapped in green cellophane. Not one ugly rose in sight. But there was a tiny envelope. I gave Jayne the flowers and opened the paper. It had only two lines. I see you. -H.D.

"Well?" Jayne pushed me a little.

I snapped to. These weren't from Bradley but they couldn't be from Hunter. I mean his initials were HD but why would Hunter get me flowers? Especially gorgeous ones? "Um... I don't know."

Jayne snatched the card from me before I knew it.

"Jayne!"

"I see you?" She flipped the card over but that was it. "What does that mean? Who's HD?"

A girl screamed.

"Ms. Porter!" Ms. Gellar snapped.

Jasmine didn't care. "What if it's Hunter Daniels?!"

I rolled my eyes. "Why would he send me flowers?"

"Who else is HD?" She rolled her own eyes back.

"Holly Darren." Jayne pointed out.