Chapter 1: The new recruit

A group of 15 people sat in the empty room. They had all been called to an emergency meeting that morning at 6:00am. Why was it so early? Who knows. But it wasn't like the early time was a problem. They were all usually pulling all nighters doing their missions and what not.

Light chatter filled the room as some of them talked, others stayed silent. Each of the agents were filled with curiosity. All they had gotten was a message that told them to go to the meeting room, nothing more, nothing less.

Maybe it was about the failed mission a couple days ago? Granted, the mission wasn't failed. The target was still eliminated, it just wasn't by any of them. Maybe they were going to get fired. The possibilities swirled in their heads until the loud creaking of the metal door was heard.

They all turned their heads and saw a tall man with shaggy black hair and a scar under his eye. The man walked to the front of the room along with another, taller man with blond hair with the bangs gelled up, almost like bunny ears.

The man with shaggy black hair stood in front of them all and gestured for the ones standing to take a seat. He waited until the scooting of chairs and chatter died down before moving to take something out of his jacket.

"The mission failed." He said like it was obvious. That's because it was.

"By what I saw through security footage, the mission wasn't a complete fail. The target was still eliminated, but not by our group." He said as he stuck a cigarette in his mouth and lit it.

"Agent Black, we-" someone said but was cut off by Agent Black.

"I don't need your excuses. Long story short, this was a test. You guys failed, and they succeeded."

Who is they?

That same question was bouncing around in 14 individual minds. Yeah, you read that right. 14 minds, not 15. A woman with short purple hair turned her head away and smiled to herself.

Nobody could keep anything from Agent Plum.

"Agent Black, do you mind me asking who 'they' is?" A man with navy blue hair asked with his hand shot into the air.

Agent Black took a long drag of his cigarette and leaned his head back, letting the smoke trail from past his lips up into the air to disappear.

"We had a certain someone come in and join on your mission. It was almost like a competition." The blond man with the bunny looking hair spoke up. "The conditions were simple. They requested to join because of family business and we said yes under one condition."

"All they had to do was sneak into your mission undetected and take out the target before you did. If they did it, they get in and you guys failed. If you guys got to the target first, you guys pass and they failed, which means they don't join." Agent Black said.

Everyone sat there in their seats. No one really knew how to feel. Were they supposed to feel like failures for not completing their mission? Or were they supposed to be impressed that this new person was able to do this as a solo against a group of highly trained individuals?

As they were all deep in thought, a man with golden hair and matching eyes hears a small almost undetectable noise. Him and Agent Plum both have hearing trained to perfection so it was no surprise that they were always looking for the slightest of noises.

Both of them look around the general area of the room where they heard the small sound. The man with gold hair looks into a particularly dark corner, where his gut tells him to look.

And his gut was right, for in the dark corner he saw the faint silhouette of a person. With a quick shake of his arm, a red dagger in the shape of a feather falls from his sleeve and into his hand. Keeping a sleek eye on the shadowed person, he launches the dagger at them with remarkable speed.