Chapter 2: A Future of Stories to Come

The next day

"Rumors and stories about you are already spreading." Alisa says as our group walks to school.

"What rumors?" I ask in slight concern.

"About you having a thing for tails and beast folks; your relationship with us and us being your harem; and how it seems like you'd be a great father." Alisa tells me and I sigh at the rumors about me. The first one I honestly can't deny and the last one I find flattering but the second ones... I have some mixed feelings...

"Word travels fast." Iris says.

"Hanasakigawa was an all-girls school, the rumor mill is rather wide and fast." Alisa says.

"And it seems like you were able to tap into it." Iris says.

"You do know who I am, right?" Alisa asks Iris with a smirk.

Alisa has been our source of news and rumors at school ever since we met and now she's already at work with Hanasakigawa's. It also helps that she has very sensitive hearing thanks to her fox ears, people at our old school learned to never talk behind her back and that she knows how to get the information she's looking for.

"A sly fox." Iris quickly replies.

"Kon~." Alisa says with a smile as her tails wag.

"And the future wife of my beloved~." We're all startled by a voice behind us. We all turn around to see a girl with shoulder-length brown hair and light green eyes with a brown cat tail and matching cat ears. She's also wearing the Hanagikawa uniform.

"Nya~." The brown-haired cat girl meows.

"Hinata." Alisa says, looking at the cat girl.

"You know her?" Jane asks Alisa.

"I met her while I was learning about the Hanasakigawa rumor mill and she was kind enough to point me in the right direction." Alisa tells us.

"Always happy to help a fellow wife~." Hinata says with a smile, the tip of her tail wagging happily.

"What?" I say in confusion.

"Always happy to help a fellow wife." Hinata reiterates and I just blink.

"Don't tell me this cat fell in love with James like we're in some romcom manga..." Iris says in exasperation.

"According to Karato-nee's studies, it's likely the case." Jane says.

"Not the case at all~." I'm startled as Hinata quickly clings to my arm and a chill runs through my entire body.

"What the?!" Jane exclaims in shock.

"What are you doing?! Get off him!" Alisa tells Hinata, her tails fanned out in panic as Iris fixes her gaze on Hinata.

"I'm hugging my husband, what else?" Hinata says playfully, causing me to blush.

"H-Husband?" I ask in confusion as Alisa and Iris' eyes twitch.

"I think this is the first time we've seen a beast girl this direct with Onii-chan..." Jane says.

"Sora, aren't you gonna say something?" Alisa asks Onee-chan who's just been quietly watching.

"Why would I? I'm happy when people like James, what's there to say?" Onee-chan says.

"That is... a very Onee-chan response..." Jane says and I nod in agreement, knowing Onee-chan.

"Wan." Onee-chan barks while wagging her tail.