Chapter 35

"Who are you bringing in?"

"You'll see."

They left and as soon as the door closed Theodore lost it. "Are you out of your mind!? We are not sending May in there with him!"

"We have too if we want to find those who he kidnapped. Its our only option."

"Oh yeah? What are you gonna tell April. If she heard what Zachary said then she for sure won't allow it."

They walked around until they found the guys and April. They approached them and April turned to face them. "What is it!? What happened?"

Theodore shook his head and put a hand on her shoulder. "Nothing happened. But we need May."

Niall piped in. "What? Why?"

Timothy gulped. "We need her to try and get Zachary to tell us where he's keeping the hackers."

April's eyes widened. "What!? No. Never is she going in that room with him."

Timothy sighed. "I know that this isn't the best idea-"

"Its a stupid idea!"

"-but we need to find them. So I'm sorry but my choice isn't up for discussion."

May wanted to go outside where there was unlimited air for her to choke on along with the tears. She opened the door and was about to leave when Tim and Theo stopped her.

****

Zachary inside the room was smirking and thinking of who they would send in. He saw right through what was going on and there is no way he's gonna tell them where he's keeping them.

May outside of the room kept taking deep breaths for she was about to see Zachary again,with everyone right on the other side of the mirror. Listening to every word. She opened her eyes from the fifteenth breathing tehnic. She twisted the knob and walked in.

She closed the door and Zachary's smirk dropped. May took baby steps to her chair and sat down trying to get some distance between him and her,she has to hide her emotions towards him.

From the people behind the mirror and from him. Zachary's eyes widened as he stared at May,he didn't think that he would be seeing her so soon again. Her refusing to even glance at him caused a pain in his chest,he sat up right and folded his hands together on the table.

You know that feeling where you're in highschool and you had a crush on this guy for years and he just so happens to be the popular one,then you finally get a chance with him.

You sleep with him and feel like the happiest woman on earth who just got a wish dream come true then you head back to school and he brags about it to everyone and shuts you down as soon as you tried to talk to him.

That's how May was feeling. Her voice was still gone from all the crying and the last thing she wanted to do at the moment was talk to the man who hurt her. God does she wish her father was here to put him in his place.

One of the four guards recognized May and saw the hurt written all over her lowered face. He moved from his position to hand her a water bottle that he had,May tried to smile but because her lips parted a whimper came out. She took the bottle and instantly put it to her lips.

After she drank most of it she felt the water moisten her throat,bringing her voice back. She cleared her throat and spoke to the man across from her,still refusing to even peek at him.

She put her hands on the table. "Um,they sent me in here to see if you would tell me where you are keeping the teenagers captive."

Zachary's eye flickered to her face and hands watching her pick at her nails and bit her lip which she does whenever she's nervous. He moved one of his to hold one of hers but she yanked it back before he was too close.

"Don't Zachary."

He sighed and sat closer to the table. "May..you have to understand that I couldn't tell you my plan ahead of time-"

"Its not about that."

Zachary's brows frowned. "Then what is it about? What did I do?"

May spoke in a whisper so she won't cry again. "You lied to me. Everything that you did was all a lie,you made me think that you actually cared about me."

She finally looked at him and he wished she never did. Her bright eyes were dull and her eyes were becoming red,her bottom lip was quivering and her face showed so much hurt.

"Did anything that you did for me was real? Was every last thing fake so I can trust you?"

Zach's mouth opened but it took awhile before something to come out. "I-I don't know what your talking about."

She faintly shook her head. "You lied. Everything was just so I can trust you then you took advantage of it. Of me." She let out a shaky breath "You made me actually think-"

"Made you think what May? I don't know anything about what your talking about, and I would never lie to you."

A small smile full of sadness pulled on May's face as she started crying once again. "Your right. I'm just as naive as you said I was,I was looking for concern and care and you showed me that. I gave you the one thing I probably shouldn't have and now your bragging about it to the ones behind the mirror."

She pushed the chair away from the table it scratching the floor. "And I'm not gonna stay here so you can add me to your list. Goodbye Zachary."

Those two words shot a big hole in his heart. He felt cold as he watched the number one important person in his life walk away. She was putting her hand on the knob when Zachary shot up and closed the door when he was close enough, he locked it to prevent any one from entering then he held her face and crashed his lips onto hers.

May was took by surprise by his abrupt action but his scent and the softness in his lips was enough to not pull away. May pressed herself further against Zachary and his hands slid down to her hips.

You heard the knob being furiously shook from the other side and bangs on every part of the door,May stepped impossibly closer to Zachary not caring about others seeing the feelings she kept buried for so long.

Zachary felt relieved to May not pulling away but closer. The smell of fruit radiating off of her and engulfing them both sewed the hole back up. He doesn't know where she got him not caring about her from but its the most bizzare thing he ever heard,he cared about her since they day he first entered that mental hospital.

That's where he first heard about them and their parents and is also when he started planning,he never once faked anything he did for her. He cares so much for May and now that he knows that deep down she doesn't hate him,he's never letting her go.

May on the other hand was thinking if this was another trap;another lie. If he was just trying to get her to rethink that he cares so she won't leave. She hates that she fell in this new trap because not only is she gonna realize it was a lie but now her sister,abuser,friends,and family members knows that she likes Zachary.

Her kidnapper. She doesn't know what's in store for her once she's alone with Niall but on a scale of leaving the softness and radiating comfort to getting hit god knows how many times,she'll take number two.

You can't find hot guys with a background like Zachary's nowadays especially in Brokewood. But she has and regardless if he did lie there's no way her mind will ever let him go,but one she knows for sure with regards to Zachary.

Penelope was right,he might just want her heart.

********
Till the next episode!?
ENJOY!?