Ep 5: Reason 3

EJ POV

EJ POV

'Finally!'

I packed my bag and stared at my suitcase. Me and my members were going to meet our family for the Christmas and New Year. It was a holiday so obviously we didn't have to see each other or practice and finally rest for while. 

"Nicholas!!" K walked into my room and I turned to him. He had his favorite coffee in his hands and he looked around for Nicholas.

"Nicholas is not here, maybe in Maki's room" I said and smiled.

Talking of him...*sigh*

All this while it was really hard for me to keep these feelings to myself. I had to keep myself away from him unnoticeably because if I blushed it would the end of me. I would smile it away and stay quite around him. Somehow I did suppressed my feeling to some extent. And this would the an amazing opportunity to get over him.

Maybe I was just missing a family like affection from my fam, which I somehow feel in Nicholas, maybe that's the reason I am being like this. 

"Hey" Nicholas entered the room. I stared at him blankly. I smiled and turned around packing my other bag. "Juu~" Nicholas called my nickname out. Oh! gosh, why  does it feel so amazing to hear my name like from his mouth.

"Is there something bothering you Ju?" He asked. I suddenly paused my actions. I didn't know how to reply. I turned to him only to find him little away from me.

"Can I help with that?" Nicholas asked me. His face so close to mine. God! How do I get out of this. "Well, I-I just miss my family" I smiled to him. He looked at me with concerned eyes.

"Don't worry, I will be fine once I go there and come back. It's just that I have never been far from them this long" I said trying to close this topic right here. "That's it nothing else?" Nicholas asked me again. "Y-Yeah, well what else will be there." I pushed him a little and laid on my bed to get away from him.

"Nicho! I booked your tickets for South Korea" K replied. I shot up and sat straight on the bed. 'SOUTH KOREA?!'

"Why there?" I asked turning towards Nicholas. "Well, My parents went out of station for a wedding. I don't really have a place to go this December. And also I never explored Korea because I was a trainee back then, I have you there" He smiled to me. "Thanks bro" Nicholas smiled to K and plopped onto his own bed.

"Damn it..."

"Did you say something Ju?" Nicholas turned towards me. "No! Nothing" I turned other way around and drifted into sleep.

---

"OMG! EUIJOO!!! Euijoo's mom, Ju has arrived!!" My dad yelled as he saw me at the doorstep. He smiled and hugged me tightly. My mom ran out with a big spoon in her hand as she might've been preparing something for me. I smiled to her and hugged her. I dug my chin in her warm shoulder feeling calm after a long time.

"Hello" Nicholas walked in awkwardly greeting my parents. "Mom Dad, It's Nicholas. My band mate and my friend" I introduced him to my family. They gladly took him in and started stuffing our mouths with the food my mom had prepared earlier.

I spent my time with Enhypen members and other Korean Ilanders as we all planned a hang out. Nicholas was there too, obviously. I had a lot on my mind.

Like why is it going like this, I want us to stay as friends forever and not let this feelings ruin them. It's obvious, that no one would accept me for this...never. 

Korea is a conservative country, to the point that people with same gender preferences are seen as criminals. Yeah like literal criminals.

Yeah It infuriates me when I don't get what I want, especially when it needs only one step, but this is different...I can't handle it if I don't have anyone on my side.

"Ju!~" I turned around to see Nicholas holding a bag. I slightly moved the swing I was sitting on as it was too boring to sit idle on a swing. "What's that?" I asked him pointing at the bag. He smiled and sat on the swing next to mine. 

"Bbangbbare" He replied. I looked at him confused. "Did I pronounce it wrong? It's the ice cream you like, you mentioned it before" Nicholas handed me the ice cream. I looked at him surprised.

'Why does he have to remember that? He is really making me fall hard for him'

"Thanks" I said and took it from him. I looked at him as he stared blankly at the sky and the moon. "Wah! The moon is so pretty" Nicholas smiled and looked at me. I smiled back.

"What's on your mind Nicho?" I asked him taking a big bite of my ice cream. "You noticed it too? I guess I can't really hide my thoughts near you, you read me so well" He smiled. I smiled back.

"You've always been like that Nicho, When you say something out of your character it means you are bothered by something. Now tell me what's it?" I know, that I am just a friend. But I wanted to take care of him in all the ways I can. I mean atleast as a friend I can do that much right?

"My parents..."

"they don't talk to me now...I never told them about my dream of being an musical artist. I always b-boyed and studied, they wanted me to be a person with a good and common job. But they never supported this dream of mine. I...I think they will never accept this Nicholas."

I got up and extended my arms to hug him.

"It's ok, they will eventually understand." I hugged him. He leaned his head on my shoulder and let his hidden tears fall down.

"You have been through a lot, so focus on your present and you not other ok?"

As I said that sentence I realized that, I was no different...I was also thinking about others not myself.

Reason 3: You are the shoulder I could lean on