The Better Guild

PERCY POV
~2 months later ~

To say the Better Guild was an interesting collection of people was an understatement, but they seemed nice enough. The blue panther shapeshifter helped carry Aurelius back to Stormwind.

Over the last two months, we had done some jobs with the Better Guild, quickly learning who the established leader was. The guild was run by a woman named Laurelie Trahorn, a human warrior much like Aurelius, and her husband, a BALD druid named Zeinnor. 

Currently, we were making our way to the keep. Laurelie was saying something about a special job from Highlord Bolvar Fordragon, who was the acting Lord alongside Lady Katrana Prestor. The two advised Prince Anduin Wrynn, whose father went missing before I had found myself in this strange world. Stormwind without its king had been a somber place.  After it was rebuilt from the ashes, the nobles didn't think they should pay the Stonemasons Guild the gold they promised, saying it should've been done as a civic duty.  This caused riots to break out in the city. Sadly, this led to an incident that killed Queen Tiffen Wrynn, Anduin's mother, who was strongly advocating for the Stonemasons to be payed what they were rightfully owed. After that, the Builders became fugitives from the law and adopted the name of the Defias Brotherhood.

It made me think: are we the good guys in this? They built this city and it's beautiful. These people should have been payed.

We approached the gate of the keep where guards were posted everywhere, but no one stopped us from walking in. It must have been common for people to come and see Bolvar Fordragon, or they knew we were coming. I didn't think any thing else of it.

At the center of the courtyard was a 50ft statue of a man standing and looking up at the sky with a large sword in his hands; the blade pointing down at the ground and the hilt held against his chest. The statue of King Varian Wrynn. He definitely didn't look like Zeus; this guy was a whole other type of king.  He looked like he could make Ares cry. Varian's hair was like a lion's mane and his face was scarred and weathered. The mere statue of the absent king commended my immediate respect, and I was about to meet his son.

I let out a sigh.

"Something Wrong?" Laurelie asked.

"A little nervous. Royalty and I don't mix well," I said and huffed a laugh out. 

I wish Zoe were here, but she went out on a hunt with the other hunters from The Better Guild. We weren't members of the guild yet, but we did establish a mutually beneficial agreement with each other. It was easier for us to go on jobs with them because they had one thing we did not: experience, even if they were a D rank guild. The guilds were ranked by reputation as a guild. There were several guilds in Azeroth, but the great ones everyone heard about, such as: Fury, Death and Taxes, Conquest, and Vicious Cycle. So, from what Laurelie said, being called up personally was a big deal. It meant better paying jobs and, more importantly, you could be granted land, which was every small guild's dream.

We walked down the long hallway toward the throne room where a man, about 6'5 in silver plate armor, stood in the middle. He had lush brown hair falling to his shoulders, handsome brown eyes, and a full beard. His stance portrayed valor and honor. To his right was a beautiful woman whose body would make even Aphrodite look twice. She had porcelain skin and her hair was about as dark as mine, but what was off-putting was her eyes. It was not the color that was off-putting as they were onyx like Zoe's, but it was the look she gave me as if I was a peasant beneath her. She made me feel small and she smiled at me like I was prey. I felt like I was trapped under her gaze, like a wolf caught in a snare and I'd have to chew my arm off just to get out. Bolvar was always passing glances at her and Laurelie let out an angry huff with each glance.