Chapter 6: Friends

'Two shining stars, identical faces, yet different and impactful uses of music - Rei was a passionate saxophone player, known for outperforming competitors because of his unique way of using the instrument - Lei for hitting a world record of the longest high note in the world with no strain! There you have it! The Brilliant Twins of Music!'

"Turn that shit off." The angered man confronted the young girl on the couch from his room.

"I was just curious, Rico." She turned the television off and looked back at her brother with a frustrated expression, "You don't fancy their use of words?"

"Who told them to use Rei and Lei?" He sighed, picking up a magazine of himself.

The girl sighed, "Don't even get me started with our manager full of stupidity! It's all her fault- And you, first of all, for even introducing her to us."

"What do you mean, Lucia? It's not like we were getting anywhere without her. Look at us now-"

"Whatever! Vete a la mierda!" She stormed out of the apartment in frustration.

"... So sensitive over a few words. Stupid girl." Rico threw the book back at the table and went into his room.

There was no other way to describe them but as Yin and Yan. Rei, known as Rico, was already a famous individual for playing the saxophone and got only more famous when his sister Lei, also known as Lucia, exploded charts when she broke the world record of hitting the highest note with her voice. They were both international stars but mainly in Mexico. People would describe them as the perfect sibling duo, iconic and gifted.

I was great friends with Lucia, but we have drifted apart due to my disappearance from the industry and her being sent back to Mexico because of her demanding brother.

She was a brilliant girl, and crazy impressive at her age. Lucia was an international freshman at the music academy I was studying at. Luckily with English, we've communicated amazingly. Last time I saw her, she wore large black glasses and always had a colorful plaid shirt on. Weirdly specific, but that was all I ever thought of her. Though she was not the saddest or depressive type, Lucia was a happy spirit that lifted my moods.

My memory was already giving up. And finally, after a few years, it was my chance to meet up with her again.

[...]

Once again, my obnoxious heels tapped towards the balcony. I twirled my wine in my cup as I recognized the long-haired girl. "You've came, Luci-"

"Aria..." She turned around and I was met with such a surprise. The girl I once knew before changed, not in a bad nor good way, but I did not remember that face.

"Lucia? You've changed."

She chuckled softly and hid her smile behind her tanned hands, "You're making me blush! It's been too long, my dear friend."

The orchestra music got louder from the party. I paused, then spoke, "A little too long, don't you say...?"

"Has it been three or four years? I've lost track... And I'm happy you started music again." She stepped closer to me, her eyes glittering with white sparkles.

"... Four years, I'm sure." I turned away, "What's with the new look? I'm not saying it like a bad thing-"

"Thank you, Aria, I've been living my best life with this new change!" She danced across the marble floor, the breeze brushing through her rouge hair. "It feels absolutely amazing. Mexico definitely opened my eyes, for once."