Chapter One

I quickly took a newspaper from the unfamiliar hand passing them out on the street as I walked by with haste. I looked down at the paper as I walked, reading the bold headline with shake of my head.

"HELL5 STEALS $100,000 FROM BANK AND INJURES THREE"

Nothing new, honestly. The familiar police sketches of the five supposed members of the infamous gang, "Hell5", led by Harry Styles, was underneath the headline, badly drawn, as usual. Everyone knew the names of Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik and Liam Payne, but no one knew the faces.

I skimmed over the details before shoving the paper into my leather bookbag around my shoulder. I sipped the last of my coffee and threw it into the trash can carelessly as I headed towards the doors of my class, one I knew I was already fifteen minutes late to. I pushed the door open with a loud bang, and I immediately felt all heads turn to me, and the class became silent. My eyes instantly scanned the room for an empty seat, and I smiled apologetically at the professor before I rushed to sit.

My hand dove into my bag to grab my laptop, and in the process, the newspaper flew out. I sighed heavily and went to reach down and get it. However, I was surprised to see another hand picking it up for me. My eyes flashed upwards to meet a rather attractive man's. I went to grab the paper from him, but he held it close to him with wide eyes.

"You saw this too? These guys do new shit every week. Don't really understand why they can't leave us all alone." He whispered over to me, and slid the paper back in my direction.

I nodded curtly while keeping my eyes on the professor.
"Yeah, 'm surprised the police haven't caught them by now. It's been a few months." I said in a soft tone.

Class ended eventually, and I quickly began packing my stuff, eager to get home.

"Hey, I never caught your name." I heard a voice say.

I turned and looked up to see the familiar black haired boy I was talking to an hour ago.

"Oh! Uhm, it's Carter...Wilderson." I added with a last thought.

"Princeton Evans." He said with a charming smile. "Hopefully I'll see you again tomorrow."

I watched as Princeton turned away and walked out the door, flashing me one more dazzling smile before exiting. I swallowed quickly, and made my way out the opposite exit, and towards my apartment building.

On my way back, I stopped back at the same coffee shop to get a bite for lunch. I entered the familiar store, smiled at the familiar faces, and once my order was placed, I sat down on a small couch. The newspaper I had gotten earlier was crinkled and sticking out of my bag, and at sight of it I sighed and pulled it out. I set it on the small table in front of me, and attempted to smooth it out with the palms of my hands. In the process, my eyes scanned the drawings again, and I shook my head. I don't understand why I haven't left New York already, with all this crime.

My shoulders sunk in defeat when the persistent folds stayed and I decided to just throw it out. I pushed myself off the couch and picked my head up, only to be met with piercing green eyes and dark long hair, staring intently at me and the paper in my hand. My eyes widened at the sight of the man, but my head quickly snapped in the other direction when my name was called by the cashier. I quickly walked towards the counter and grabbed my drink, and threw the crinkled paper away. I looked back in the direction that I saw the peculiar man, only to see that he was gone.