Chapter Three

I didn't plan on dressing up for bowling. I mean, it was only bowling, after all. Nonetheless, I found myself re applying makeup from this morning, and going over my dark brown hair with a straightener. I finished fairly quickly, and I found myself waiting an excessive amount of time for Theila

After another hour, Theila was finally ready and I heard her calling my name from the front door.

"Carter, I'm about to leave! Get your sorry ass over here!"

I huffed, and slipped a pair of converse onto my feet, then made my way to our front door. I rolled my eyes at the sight of Theila, dressed in a dress that was a bit too short for bowling. She beckoned me out the door with a big smile, and I trudged behind her.

When we arrived at the alley, Theila's supposed friends weren't there yet. I took a glance around, and concluded that there was no way I was bowling. There was no sense in wasting my money for something I didn't want to do.

I found myself broken away from my thoughts when there was a high pitch squeal, which I assumed came from Theila. I turned my head to see her arms wrapped around another boy's neck, which I decided must be Parker. The boy's friends were snickering behind him, then laughed when Theila let go, and straightened out her dress. She bounced a bit on her feet, and then turned to me.

"Okay, obviously this is Parker," She said happily, pointing to the doe haired man, who happened to be taller than both me and Theila, despite his short stature.

"Uhm, this is Evan," She gestured to a boy with dirty blond hair. He gave a crooked smile, that looked almost menacing, and I gave a short wave in return.

"And James," She said, and I locked eyes with the same man I saw earlier in the coffee shop. His green eyes bore into mine, almost asking not to bring it up, and he gave a curt nod.

"Then Sean," A man with soft brown hair met my eyes, and I noticed a scar across his left cheek. He lifted his hand when I noticed it and he subtly pretended to have an itch at that spot. I caught sight of the arrow tattoo on his forearm in the process.

"And Alecsander," At the sound of the man's name, the boys all laughed, and scrawny man with dark black hair looked up with a scowl.

I was confused by their sudden laughter, but smiled at them all regardless. They began walking to the counter to pay for a game and their shoes, and I stood silently behind them. I started aimlessly at the bowlers around me before someone snapped me from my trance.

"Not bowling, are you?"

I looked up to see James, and I shook my head.

"Not really my thing." I replied with a shrug.

James nodded, and I could tell he was about to speak again, but Parker hurried him over to their lane. I followed slowly and sat at one of the nearby tables.

As I previously concluded, bowling was a bore. I sat and watched Theila pretend she didn't know how to bowl, and the boys continuously fight about who messed up who.

"I'm going back with Parker, okay?"

I turned my head to see it was Theila, and I nodded with a short laugh.

"Yeah of course." I said.

Suddenly, an angry hey was yelled from behind us, and we quickly turned around. It was from a furious James, a man had clumsily tripped into him. James' hand flew to his pocket, almost instinctively, and grabbed onto something. I looked at it his jacket pocket curiously, and his eyes flew up to see the path of mine. Alecsander quickly rushed over to him and tried to calm him down, but his eyes bore into mine with the same message as before.

"Don't bring it up."