Chapter Two

I arrived back at my apartment shortly, only to realize that I had forgotten my key. My eyes squeezed shut and I sighed tiredly. All I wanted was to lay down in my bed, but I didn't seem to be able to even do that. I set my coffee down on the floor outside my apartment and banged hard on the door with both hands, in hope that my roommate may be home. After a minute with no answer, I groaned and slid my body down the wall and too the floor. I laid sprawled across the ground when I suddenly heard a familiar voice speak.

"Locked out, aren't you?" The mocking voice said.

I picked my head up to realize that it was Princeton, and my eyebrows furrowed.

"You live here?" I asked. I don't remember ever seeing him here before, as I've been at this building for a few weeks now.

"As of last week, yeah." He said as he looked down at me. He offered me a hand, and I took it to help myself up off the floor.

"You could come to my room, if you'd like. It's just me, so you're always welcome." He said confidently.

I thought it over. I just met the guy a few hours ago, and I just found out he lived in the same building a few seconds ago. But, I did want to lay down.

"No, I'm fine." I decided. Although I didn't know him, I didn't trust Princeton. He was a bit too cocky for me and there was something that I didn't like about him.

And my assumption of him being cocky was proven when the confident smirk he wore dropped into a surprised gape. However, he quickly recovered and a less enthusiastic smirk resumed to keep its place on his face.

"Yeah, whatever. But remember, you're welcome anytime. Room 338." He said with a rather bold wink.

"See you tomorrow Carter."

---

I must have fallen asleep, because three hours later I awoke when a foot tapped my side, and I heard an amused giggle.

"Stupid, did you forget your key again?" A teasing voice said.

My eyes fluttered open and I looked above me to see a rather blurry image of a girl with bright red hair. I sighed when I realized it was Theila, my roommate.

"Yeah, yeah. Just please let me in." I said tiredly, and picked up my bag and coffee before I stood up slowly

Theila unlocked the door, and I shut it behind us when we were both in. My bag resumed its normal position on the green vinatge chair in the corner of the room, and my cold coffee in the trash. I sat at the dining table, and grabbed a banana from the small fruit basket sitting in the middle.

I looked over to Theila, who seemed more wide eyed and excited than usual. She sat on the leather couch with her phone and coos and squeals came from her mouth everytime she seemed to get a text. An amused smile formed on my face as I watched her.

"Who's the guy?" I asked with a soft laugh.

"His name is Parker. He's so cute and I saw him at the bar last night and we were flirting, you know? And then all of the sudden he just asked for my number and I just met him for drinks and he's really smart, and funny and Carter, god I honestly think I'm in love." She giggled happily when another text rolled in and her attention shifted to her phone.

I rolled my eyes. Theila thinks she's in love almost every week, but it's pretty damn funny when she is.

"Ooo Carter! We're going out bowling tonight! You should totally come. He's bringing his friends." Her eyebrows wiggled and I winced.

"Bowling?" I said, almost disgusted. I've always hated bowling. Well, not always. When I was thirteen my hair got caught in that thing that spits the balls back to you, and I haven't been back since.

"Yeah, c'mon Carter, please." She drawled out with a pleading look.

"Fine." I huffed and stood up to walk to my room. "Let me know when we're leaving." I said and shut my bedroom door behind me.

"Carter, he just called me exotic!"