To be loved is a lie

Inspiration?: Shatter, soul, card
Initial plan: It's difficult to get over a bad relationship
Time allotted to write: 20 minutes
Free verse ? yes/no: no
Initial title:

Final title: To Be Loved Is A Lie

You can't hide a shatter with an open flame,
Nor fix a wound with a pantomime dame.
To carve a soul is to kill the peace,
But it latches too easy and causes a crease.

A beating heart cannot just survive,
through heating and leaking without a revive.
Your lust empowers the envy to start,
But machines can't be made out of only spare part.

To create requires a skill from within,
A father cannot be - without it's new kin.
Can you not see the cracks in my card,
My tarot deck is soon to be newly scarred..

I wish not for a cry to form on your mouth,
Only for your life to be with the god down in south.

——————-

Since a lot of people didn't understand the initial meaning.. here:

I feel like it's quite up to interpretation about what you want it to be..

However, my initial theme is about the end of a relationship, caused by some form of 'lie' or 'extreme lust' or even 'cheating'. In simple terms, the speaker is trying to express that their heart cannot be fixed simply and easily. But also that the ex-lover can't hide their wrongs with something else.

" you can't hide a shatter with an open flame " = You can't hide the fact you broke my heart by disguising it as something else.

" a beating heart ... without a revive " = Someone can't live through so much without a break or the ability to process everything.

" your lust... can't be made out of only spare parts " = Whilst the speaker feels envy over the ex.. they aren't able to act on it or change it as the feelings they have aren't the right ones to act upon.. (You can't start a brand new relationship with only hatred or envy in your heart)

" to create... without it's new kin " - again, the speaker can't create a new relationships without the proper feelings to do so.. they're too stuck on their hatred to make something new and be someone else's partner..

" can you not see.. soon to be newly scarred " = They've been deeply hurt by the ex's actions. Tarot deck = spirituality/fortune telling. The speaker is almost losing hope in such spirituality, and believes their future is ruined.

" I wish not for a cry.. with the god down in south ". The speaker doesn't just want an apology from the ex.. but rather pay back.. essentially saying 'go to hell'