22: ꜱɪᴏᴅᴏɴɴᴀ

So the hand-holding had been to teleport. 

...

He sighs heavily, inwardly laughing at himself for even daring to think of other feelings, and wonders what he was thinking with her highness as his untoward interest.

Athanasia opens her eyes to the bustling city haven of Siodonna, the birthplace of her mother, and she spots the castle in the distance, its flags a welcoming shade of red and gold.

She lets go of Mikhail's hand, pulling on her cloak and covering her head with the hood, making sure to tuck away her eye-catching white and silvery hair, caught between changing it to her natural shade of blonde before accepting it was what it was .

Perhaps later.

As they get closer to the gates, Mikhail's uniform catches the eyes of the guards and they stop chatting amongst each other, standing straighter as Athanasia makes it to the very front.

Underneath the hood comes a voice that one can liken to the sound of gold falling atop each other. 

"I'd like to request an audience with their majesties, please. I have news of Princess Diana."

It was sweet. Cloying even.

Like wildflower honey dissolving in hot tea and being stirred into the warmth of a cup, they can hear her smile in her bright tone.

They exchange glances, knowing if it was an invited guest or someone their majesties were expecting, they would have been allowed to go through the other entrances.

A guard nudges a new recruit that was standing stunned at her voice, and he jumps away, running to ask for permission to allow these people in.

They don't wait too long as the gates swing open, and Athanasia and Mikhail are guided into the heart of Siodonna.

The guards escorted them all the way to a waiting room, and Mikhail sits, knowing the guards will wait outside the doors until they were called for the audience.

But for what reason did her highness wish to suddenly come to Siodonna of all countries? Diplomacy?

He turns his head, wanting to ask, and nearly falls off the couch. Her highness had disappeared.

Mikhail wants to pull out his hair as he leans forward, his head in his hands as he struggles to keep down a screech of anxiety.

What if they called for an audience and he came before the royals, not knowing what reason they were even here for?! How could her highness just leave him here by himself?!

The princess in question is wandering around the palace as Mikhail agonizes by himself, the sand-colored stones smooth under her fingers as she twirls around the towering pillars and her bracelets clatter against each other, the gold glimmering under the sunlight.

Her hood had fallen some time ago, and her hair trails out behind her, the bright white to silver shade and sky blue dress letting her show off her eyes in the sun's gentle rays.

The queen of Siodonna had been on her way to the audience room where her husband was waiting for her before allowing the unknown visitors to greet them when she spots shining blonde hair disappear around a corner.

What?

Renee picks up her heavy skirts, her heart in her throat as she chases after the lithe figure as the peal of bell-like laughter echoes.

"Diana-!"

She skids to a stop where the main fountain and the open-aired gazebo were.

How they were decorated with the roses that Diana had loved so much, and her breath catches as her daughter's image fades away to reveal a silver-haired girl in her place.