clueless

(T/W : minor violence, bullying)

Marcy's school life wasn't the best, to say the least.

Sure, she had her friends and good grades, but she was bullied a lot, once to the point her parents had to get involved.

The main reason she was bullied was for frankly being gay, which a lot of people in the school were gay or at least allies. The bullies, however, obviously weren't.

"Hey there," Anne greeted, coming up on her side. Marcy tensed up, assuming it was someone else but relaxing when she saw her.

"Hey," She responded, looking at one of the reasons she was bullied.

To add on to simply not being straight, another reason was her crush on Anne they had somehow found out about, but it shockingly hadn't made it to Anne yet.

The vibrant girl was clueless, which she was glad for, the longer she had to tell Anne before it got to her through the rumours.

She noticed she had spaced out again with her gaze on Anne, making her embarrassedly look away.

Their break just started, which was good news for the bullies, getting further from their class quickly, Anne following.

Unfortunately, they were standing right outside when they got to the doors, Marcy tempted to turn around but didn't, knowing they had saw her and they wouldn't be allowed to stay inside.

She just pretended to not see them, looking away, though they noticed and called her name.

The leader, Damien, yelled out to her again, deciding to follow her when she ignored him.

"Hey you," He called, grabbing her by her hoodie and held up a fist.

"I don't care," Marcy automatically said, backing off.

Damien took a pause, thinking of something to say.

"You should, or else I'll tell everyone you like Anne." He plotted, catching Marcy's attention.

"I can just do it myself. What do you want anyway?" Marcy yawned, waiting him to drop her, though he hadn't yet. "Also, wouldn't it be really hard to tell an entire school I like someone in this session-"

Damein grew tired of her, Marcy unknowing of what had happened but before she knew it, she was on the floor, her back throbbing and as she blinked, Damien had ran off and Anne had appeared coming up on her side.

"Sorry, I got distracte-" She cut herself off when she turned the corner to see Marcy on the ground, racing over to her quickly when she saw her state.

"Are you alright??" Anne asked, rubbing her back, though luckily not touching the mark. "Was it... was it them again?"

Damien faintly yelled "Marcy likes you!" Making Marcy blush, hoping Anne hadn't heard him, which she grew more unsure of as she didn't react.

Marcy nodded, wincing. Anne looked at her empathetically, offering her hand. She wanted to help Marcy up and comfort her, but she did mainly just want to hold her hand.

Marcy's eyes flickered from her eyes to her hand, her hand shaking before it slipped into Anne's.

She felt like her heart skipped a beat, realizing how their hands felt made for each other's, taking a quick second to embrace it before standing up.

She dusted dirt off of herself, Anne helping it off her back, careful not to hit her scar, the gentle touch giving her butteflies.

"Sorry I wasn't there before." Anne apologised, bringing her hands back to herself, making a loss of warmth cross over both of them.

"It's fine, I might have to stick around you more often though," Marcy responded, looking down at her hand again, feeling as if it were a magnet for her own.

Anne noticed and smiled, gently locking her hand into hers, making Marcy smile, the bell then ringing for the next period.

-

"Sasha, I uh- I think I have an update," Marcy started. "Damien knows I like Anne."

Sasha's jaw dropped in disbelief, not sure she had heard right, processing it in her mind.

"Shit."

A few seconds of silence passed before Sasha had an idea, hopefully one good enough to resolve the problem.

"Well, maybe you could tell her before Damien gets to it first," She advised, making Marcy panic.

I mean, I rather not tell her... but I kinda have to, or else Damien will.

But... I might not be ready.

"Why would I do that?! I know she doesn't like me back!" She protested, making Sasha laugh.

"It's obvious she does! Just try it, alright Marce?" Sasha finished.

She does?

Of course she doesn't! Why would she??
Then again, if it was Sasha saying it, it was probably true.

Marcy debated with herself in her mind, deciding to agree.

"I'll try, but I can't promise," She said, the teacher speaking up as the class started.

(A\N) More fluff in the next ones, sorry you had to see the child go through this QWQ

(word count: 818)