confirmation

The school day had just came to a close, students spilling out of the gates, excited to get home.

Anne walked out behind Marcy, making her quickly catch up and following her.

She saw the bullies behind her, knowing they would turn her way, since they all lived near her, and so did Sasha.

Her only choice was to go with Anne, which would be really, really embarrassing after today if she had heard him.

Marcy stopped Anne quickly, making her look up, easily catching get attention.

"Can I come over to yours?? Today really just- sucked, and I don't want those guys following me home," Marcy asked sheepishly, Anne smiling at her.

"Sure Marbles!" She responded, quickly looking down at her scarred arm and back at the pathway, deciding to save it for later. She was about to ask Marcy to come with her anyway after what Damien had said.

She wanted to confirm what had happened, though her expression while the scene hadn't exactly look like she didn't like her.

As they walked, Anne moved nearer, Marcy becoming flustered at their proximity, hoping she wouldn't notice.

So close, so close, WHAT AM I GONNA DO? Marcy's mind raced, looking up at Anne and quickly looking away.

She intentionally made their hands touch, making Marcy's blush grow, even more flustered, making Anne laugh.

A mix of nervousness and excitement fizzled up in her as Anne did it again, this time fully locking their hands, her soft hand fitting perfectly into hers.

They had finally reached Anne's house, dropping their bags as they walked upstairs into Anne's room, their hands still intertwined.

Marcy shook slightly, anxious, the entire Damien situation making her awkward, from the look Anne gave her it looked like she knew.

Anne noticed this, smiling at her, Marcy's crush obvious but still unknowing of her own feelings towards her.

Marcy sat down on her bed, flopping backwards to lay down, tired and exhausted.

Anne looked at her for a minute before coming closer, deciding to take a chance and crawling on with her.

She quickly pinned her, propping herself on top of her, their faces barely inches apart.

Marcy grew flustered, her face a red mess, Anne giggling with Marcy making small shrilling noise, Anne making her nervous.

Marcy's heart thumped fiercely in her chest, her mind in a flustered panic.

She leaned closer to her face, Marcy's blush growing as she kissed her cheek, maybe a little closer to her lips than she intended.

She had met her lips on the side, as if a taunt, Anne quickly pulling away with a bright red blush.

"G-GAHH I'M SO SORRY, I-" Anne started, her blush almost as big as Marcy's when she put her finger over her mouth.

Anne stopped abruptly, butterflies filling her chest.

She took her finger away slowly before pecking her lips, a dizzying sensation being crossed over them as their lips met for a short moment.

Marcy smiled at her, a warm feeling in Anne's chest as she wrapped her other arm around Marcy.

Marcy let out a wimper as Anne touched a scab on her back, Anne quickly retracting her hand, making Marcy relax.

"Sorry, Marbles, was there something there? What happened?" Anne questioned concernedly, instead putting her arm over her torso.

"It's fine, you didn't mean to," She forgave, taking in a breath before answering her question. "I'm fine though, they uh- they hit me, I promise I'm alright though." Marcy answered, not meeting Anne's eyes.

"Oh... is that what this is from too?" She asked, her hand drifting next to the scar on her arm.

Marcy nodded.

Anne looked at her tearfully, pulling her in tightly, to which Marcy returned, feeling comfortable in her arms, knowing she was safe around her.

"Sorry..."

Anne broke away slightly so she could see her face, brushing her hair out of her face and gazing at her fondly.

"Marbles, you've got nothing to be sorry for. It's not your fault, and you deserve better. Hey, promise, I'll help you get them out of your way."

"Really?" Marcy asked, looking up at her in disbelief.

Anne dipped her head, smiling at her as Marcy squeezed her tightly, a blush appearing on her face, cherishing their closeness.

"Thank you, Anne." She muttered, her head buried into her shoulder, Anne smiling wider and starting to play with her hair.

Marcy nuzzled into her, smiling, not remembering the last time she was this happy, a small noise of satisfaction escaping her lips, melting at Anne's gentle touch.

Anne hesitantly pecked her cheek, resting her head near hers, not realizing she was only half-asleep.

Marcy opened her eyes, a wild blush on her face, Anne growing one too, embarrassed, though Marcy only grinned at her and kissed her forehead.

They stayed for a while, smiling in each other's arms, basking in each other's warmth.

Marcy felt as if she wouldn't let go, cherishing the girl, knowing that she was safe.

She moved closer, letting their bodies brush, Marcy then growing a little more brave, gently twining them together snugly. Anne grinned, her heart rushing.

Neither of them wanted to leave the sweet embrace, wrapped up in each other's love.

Anne's eyes slowly closed, drifting off to sleep, knowing it wouldn't be hard with Marcy's arms wrapped around her.

(word count: 914)