chapter 34

"Are you sure you're okay? You look like you're gonna pass out." Giselle says worriedly to Jay.

They're already on their way to the old house. She had also called Chaeryeong and asked her to gather the family and they're already waiting for Giselle's big announcement.

"Of course." Jay muttered while fidgeting with his fingers.

He remembered the last time he got punched on the face by her father. And man it hurts even if he's a vampire.

"I'm sorry. I know I'm asking too much. But we're still gonna do this either way. It's better to do it early so Dad won't be as mad as today." Giselle tried to assure him but hearing her last statement made the vampire's eyes go wide.

"He's mad! I knew it! Of course he is! You cried so much when I died! He probably prayed that I get sent to hell! Of course! And I deserve that!" The vampire mentally breaks down and Giselle doesn't know whether to laugh on it or pity him.

Her dad was indeed mad and somehow blamed Jay for seeing his daughter miserable after his death. But Giselle explained what happened and he understands that. It's just sad to see his daughter suffer the aftermath but he couldn't blame Jay either because he tried to fix their relationship before leaving but Giselle kind of refused him.

The more Giselle thinks about it. She feels bad. 

She never expected that Jay would return ever since she accepted his death. And even after the vampires disappeared, it's almost as if they never existed.

"Hey." She calls and waits as Jay looks at her. "I love you." She said all of a sudden and it made Jay calm a little bit.

"I love you too." He whispers back and stares back at her as she drives. "Your father is honestly scary. But every time I look at you, it's truly scarier to lose you in my life again." Jay stated out of nowhere.

It began to remind him of his time in Arcadia. When he and Niki struggled so hard to cope as they came back to life. The feeling like they missed something lingers and it's odd how they feel misplaced as time continues to flow.

Jay found it very difficult because every time he saw other couples. Even on the battlefield, Giselle comes to his mind first and it makes him eager to come home. Like a soldier coming home from war. But it also scared him that she might not be the same anymore.

After all, the last memory he had with her was when she asked for a cool off.

The two finally arrived at the house but they didn't get out of the car right away. Giselle watched Jay as he stared mindlessly at the door.

"Let's go." Jay muttered quietly and walked out of the car first. He dashed on the other side and opened the door for Giselle. The two walking towards the door together.

When they got in. Jay felt very familiar as he walked in the hallway. It still looks the same from what he remembered.

"They're in the living area. Stay here for a bit." Giselle said and pulled him down a little to kiss his cheek. "It'll be okay." She said and then walked inside the room.

Jay listens as Giselle tries to start the conversation smoothly. But it only confused them more. The moment she mentioned Jay, the mood went down and he could tell they're all sad thinking that Giselle is remembering him.

"Sweetheart. It's been years. We have to move on…" he heard Giselle's mom say in a sad tone.

Giselle didn't say anything after that. It's as if she's finding trouble to say the right word to let them know that Jay's back.

So the vampire decided it's time to step in. Delaying his appearance will only prolong his anxiousness.

So he decided to walk into the room. And the moment the family laid eyes on him. Literally everyone screamed as if a ghost entered the room to kill them all.

Giselle and Jay exchanged anxious looks at each other. And then held each other's hand in front of the family. Some of them had stopped panicking and were confused about what was happening.

"It's a very long story. But the main thing is… he's back." Giselle said and looked at what their reaction would be.

"Impossible! You said he's dead. Like double dead!" Chaeyeon exclaimed with a completely panicked face.

"Supposedly. But we got some help. I wanted to come back as soon as possible. But in exchange for saving my life, we had to fight for someone else in a very far place." Jay tried to give a brief explanation.

Giselle's mom whimpers and eventually breaks into tears. Even her father is getting emotional like the rest of the family.

It made even Jay to be emotional.

"I'm sorry. Ever since the last time I've been here… I've done nothing but hurt this family… And that is something I regret the most."

"But I'm asking your for one final chance. Allow me to be with Giselle. And I promise I'd do anything for us to never be separated again." He said with his head lowered and hands clasped together.

Jay waited for a good hearing from Giselle's father. But it was quiet. Soon, he heard his footsteps approaching. He looks up to try to face the punch he thought was coming. But to his surprise, Giselle's father pulled him into a tight embrace.

Even Giselle is completely shocked by it because she was expecting to be scolded by her father.

"You're back. That's all that matters." He said and pats Jay on his back and then steps back to properly look at him. "You will take care of my daughter, would you? You'll never make my baby cry again." 

Jay gave him a confident smile and nods his head. "I will stay with her forever. That's a promise." He says and then looks at Giselle who's now bawling her eyes out.

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.